Wichita, KS Homeowners Insurance Rate Quotes!
Did you know that the Wichita home insurance coverage type titled "HO-3" is the most common type of homeowners insurance policy in your area? It's important to protect your Wichita home from loss and against all perils. You may want to consider shopping your homeowners insurance rates in Wichita and let us help you compare coverage options and lower prices. With premiums consistently increasing, customers enjoy our easy to use home insurance shopping service. We represent the top rated companies in Wichita and can review with you the best coverages and discounts available. Our insurance professionals are located in Kansas and are ready to help you!
How to Review and Compare Wichita, KS Premiums!
You may find it interesting to know that the state of Kansas may not be considered the most expensive state in the country to buy a homeowners policy, because it does rank higher than average at a national rank of 14. The average annual premium for Kansas is $1478. All states combined you are looking at a national average of $1311 per year. You can easily shop and compare rates today for free to see how you can save hundreds on your new premium. A basic policy can see lower than $876 per year for home insurance, while other homeowners with higher replacement cost due to square footage or upgraded kitchens and bathrooms may see rates as high as $1,426. It's important to know that a standard homeowners insurance policy doesn't cover flooding, hurricane damage or earthquake damage which will also increase the rate of your premium because you are merging multiple protection policies together. Most of all, getting the best coverage at an affordable rate is key to a powerful online home insurance shopper like yourself. Can we help you discover more affordable home insurance rates today for your home in Wichita, KS? Shop online or give us a call now: 1-913-276-4017.
Wichita, KS Home Facts
The city of Wichita in Kansas is roughly around 382,368 residents in population size with 151818 occupied homes within the city of Wichita. The average family household in Wichita is 94862.
|Total Occupied Households||151818|
|Family Households (families)||94862|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||2.62|
|Average Family Size||3.14|
|Total Housing Units||167310|
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Wichita, KS!
Get up to 12 competitive Wichita, KS homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby Wichita
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Wichita? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Andale, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Bentley, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Cheney, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Clearwater, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Colwich, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Derby, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Garden Plain, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Goddard, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Greenwich, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Haysville, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Kechi, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Maize, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Mount Hope, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Mulvane, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Valley Center, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Viola, KS Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Wichita, KS
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Wichita.
Wichita, KS Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Wichita, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|Coverage Amount:||Annual Premium|
|1800 sq. ft. or below |
|Average Coverage:||$1126 /yr.|
|2600 sq. ft. or higher |
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Wichita, KS?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Wichita is around $1126 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Wichita, KS?
- • Homeowners in Wichita pay an average cost per month around $94.00 for insurance coverage.
Wichita, KS - 2023 Housing Information
|Month||Current Home Value (2023)||Last Year Home Value (2022)|
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Wichita home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Wichita
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Wichita, KS homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Wichita Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Wichita homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Wichita area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for Kansas homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|1340 ft.||This is the average home elevation in Wichita, KS||
Did you know that the elevation in which your home resides is crucial to a home insurance policy because it determines the risk factor related to your home being in a flood zone. It is important to understand that your home is not covered for floods under a standard homeowners policy. You will need to speak with a local Kansas flood insurance agent about a flood insurance policy, please give us a call now at 888-620-1954.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Wichita, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Sedgwick County.
Kansas Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Florida Homeowners Advance From Citizens into Private Companies Posted on Tuesday 5th December, 2023
Homeowners Choice Property and Casualty Insurance Co. has assumed approximately 53,750 policies from Citizens Property Insurance Corp., Florida’s state-backed insurance company, the parent company says in a Tuesday news release. Homeowners Choice is owned by HCI Group Inc., a holding company with operations in homeowners insurance, information technology services, real estate and reinsurance. Homeowners Choice […]
North Carolina Joint Underwriters and Wind Pool Map Explained Posted on Thursday 30th November, 2023
North Carolina is a lovely state to call home. Our state is packed with beautiful cities, museums, restaurants and of course, some of the loveliest beaches in the country. Unfortunately, if you live in one of our amazing coastal southern cities such as Ocean Isle Beach, Holden Beach, Oak Island Beach, Calabash, Bald Head Island, […]
Did you know? Your Home Insurance Doesn’t Cover… Posted on Wednesday 29th November, 2023
While homeowners insurance covers a variety of perils and protects your home and personal possessions, it does come with a number of exclusions and coverage gaps that can result in you having to cover the cost of certain damage out of pocket. Let’s have a quick look at what your homeowners policy does and doesn’t […]
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
What Is the 80/20 Rule In Homeowners Insurance? Posted on Wednesday 8th November, 2023
If you are purchasing a home, your lender will require that you carry homeowners insurance to protect their investment in your home. Homeowners coverage will help cover the cost of repairing or replacing your home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril. Covered perils can include items such as a hurricane or […]
Wichita, KS Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Wichita so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Wichita, KS?
- The average square footage in Wichita is around 1,251 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $157,646 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $126.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $157,646
Location: Wichita, Kansas (Sedgwick County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Wichita: $126 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Wichita: 1,251 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status||Price per Sq. Ft.||Dwelling Coverage|
|None or Very Minor Improvements||$126||$157,646|
|Some Additional Upgrades||$158||$197,058|
|Major Home Updates or Advancements||$189||$236,469|
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($126) in Wichita, Kansas times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $393,750 (Media price to build of $158 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.