Get Greenfield, NH Home Insurance Rates!
For Greenfield, NH homeowners or new home buyers, you will be excited to hear that comparing home insurance quotes in your local area is much easier with our online quoting application. We offer a one-stop-shop service, you can compare up to 12 rates among our best and major carriers, prices are based on price, coverage options and ratings. Simply enter your Greenfield New Hampshire zip code and start reviewing home insurance rates today!
The most common questions we get asked is "What does homeowners insurance cost in Greenfield"? For locals living in Greenfield, the average homeowners policy is around $1,048 per year, that is only $87 per month. Your New Hampshire homeowners premium will be paid annually, and is handled by your mortgage company. The average home insurance rates presented here are based on a standard or basic HO-3 homeowners policy. All insurance companies seem rate risk differently so it is important to let us do the shopping for you and help answer any questions that you may have about your home, coverage options and discounts.
Helpful Tips for Homeowners Living in Greenfield:
How much replacement cost coverage do I need to cover the expense to rebuild my home?
Insurers will assign a replacement cost value to your home in case it was ever in need of rebuilding due to a major peril like a fire or wind damage. The cost to replace your home is not the same as buying a home because the cost of land does not need to be factored as an expense when you need to rebuild the structure. Try our replacement cost coverage calculator to easily generate your total replacement cost coverage, you will see three options to review. Those three options are based on the current status of your home like upgraded kitchen and bathrooms. These estimates are considered on a cost per square foot pricing model.
How many people live in Greenfield?
The total city area population for Greenfield, NH is 1,767.
How many homes in the Greenfield city limits?
The total homes in the city of Greenfield is around 625.
What is the average Greenfield household income?
The average income in the Greenfield area is around $79,107.
How much do the homes in Greenfield cost on average?
The average cost of a home in Greenfield is estimated to be around $231,300.
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Greenfield, NH!
Get up to 12 competitive Greenfield, NH homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby Greenfield
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Greenfield? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Amherst, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Antrim, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Bedford, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Bennington, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Brookline, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Francestown, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Goffstown, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Greenville, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Hancock, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Hillsborough, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Hollis, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Hudson, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Litchfield, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Lyndeborough, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Manchester, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Merrimack, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Milford, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Mont Vernon, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Nashua, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- New Boston, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- New Ipswich, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Pelham, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Peterborough, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Temple, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Weare, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Wilton, NH Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Greenfield, NH
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Greenfield.
Greenfield, NH Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Greenfield, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|1800 sq. ft. or below
|2600 sq. ft. or higher
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Greenfield, NH?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Greenfield is around $807 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Greenfield, NH?
- • Homeowners in Greenfield pay an average cost per month around $67.00 for insurance coverage.
Greenfield, NH Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Greenfield is located in a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Greenfield, NH - 2023 Housing Information
|Current Home Value (2023)
|Last Year Home Value (2022)
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Greenfield home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Greenfield
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Greenfield, NH homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Greenfield Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Greenfield homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Greenfield area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for New Hampshire homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|This is the average home elevation in Greenfield, NH
» Elevation is crucial to a homeowners insurance policy because it determines the risk of your home being in a flood zone which is particularly important in a coastal state such as Greenfield, New Hampshire.
A standard homeowners policy does not cover flood damage. If you live in a flood prone area, you will need to purchase a separate flood to fully protect your home.
Flood insurance can be purchased via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or in the private market. NFIP policies come with coverage caps and other restrictions so you may need to supplement your flood insurance coverage with a private market policy.
It's important to remember that flooding occurs in low and moderate risk areas as well. According to FEMA data, almost 25% of all flood claims come from low to moderate-risk areas.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Greenfield, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Hillsborough County.
New Hampshire Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Florida has 7 New Home Insurance Companies Entering the Market Posted on Friday 1st March, 2024
Recently, Florida has seen seven new insurance companies enter the market for homeowners coverage. Currently, the average premium for homeowners coverage is $6,000 a year in the Sunshine state compared to a nationwide average of just $1,700 a year, according to the Insurance Information Institute. The Insurance Information Institute is hopeful that the new insurance […]
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
NC Residents Speak Against 42% Rate Increase Requested by Rate Bureau Posted on Tuesday 13th February, 2024
During a recent public comment session held by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, dozens of North Carolina residents spoke out against an average rate increase of 42% that the North Carolina Rate Bureau is requesting. The Rate Bureau represents insurance companies in the state and earlier this year requested average rate increases of 42%. […]
Is Homeowners Insurance Part of Your New Years Resolution? Posted on Wednesday 31st January, 2024
The New Year is here for 2024, and you have probably made a list of resolutions involving everything from eating better to losing a bit of weight. One thing that should be on everyone’s list is a review and update of their homeowners policy. The beginning of the year is a great time to pull […]
North Carolina: 2024 Homeowners Insurance Rate Increase Proposed Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Recently, the North Carolina Rate Bureau requested that the N.C. Department of Insurance allow increases to homeowners’ insurance rates by an average of 42.2 percent. If the NCDOI agrees, the proposed rates will go into effect Aug. 1. However, it is also possible that the NCDOI will not agree to the increase and deny the […]
Greenfield, NH Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Greenfield so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Greenfield, NH?
- The average square footage in Greenfield is around 1,345 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $231,300 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $172.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $231,300
Location: Greenfield, New Hampshire (Hillsborough County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Greenfield: $172 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Greenfield: 1,345 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status
|Price per Sq. Ft.
|None or Very Minor Improvements
|Some Additional Upgrades
|Major Home Updates or Advancements
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($172) in Greenfield, New Hampshire times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $537,500 (Media price to build of $215 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.