Lake Worth, FL Homeowners Insurance Rate Quotes!
Homeowners in Lake Worth, FL are now able to shop easily online and compare up to 12 competitive rates for your home. At GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com, we help you review multiple quotes while offering a free consultation service to help you decide which company, rate, deductible and policy best fits the needs of your home and family. There are several factors that will determine how much your home insurance premium will cost you. In the city of Lake Worth, your home insurance premium may increase or decrease depending on the year built of your home, the type of construction, the deductible you choose, how much replacement cost you need and much more. Our online shopping service helps save you a lot of time by helping you review quotes fast. Enter your zip code for the home you would like to insure, and let us help you compare the best rate and coverage. If you prefer to compare quotes now over the phone, simply give us a call at 888-685-4704!
Lake Worth, FL Homeowners Insurance Rates
Below are some additional resources to help you understand your home insurance coverage and policy details for a home located in Lake Worth, FL.
- What is the average Lake Worth, FL home insurance rate per year? $1580.00 / year
- What is the monthly cost of home insurance in Lake Worth on avereage? $132.00 a month
- How much will my home insurance cost me per year? For smaller homes with less risk, prices range from $1330.00 a year to about $1880.00 a year for larger homes.
The average homeowners insurance rate for Lake Worth displayed above is an accumlative average based on a standard homeowners insurance policy. We can help you compare up to 12 rates and review all the discounts and credits that may apply to help you save up to 40% or more.
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Lake Worth, FL!
Get up to 12 competitive Lake Worth, FL homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Our Service in Florida
You can feel confident that our experience, integrity and service will help you find the best insurance policy at a price you can afford. We work with a wide variety of insurers in Lake Worth, Florida and all of them are top rated "A+" by A.M. Best Rating and have been in business for several decades.
Just a few of the insurers we work include American Integrity Insurance Group, Anchor Insurance, ASI, Bankers Insurance Group, Centauri Insurance, Chubb, Edison Insurance Company, Florida Peninsula Insurance Company, Heritage Insurance, Lexington Insurance, Olympus Insurance, People's Trust Insurance Company, St. Johns Insurance Company and many more.
Average Rates Nearby Lake Worth
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Lake Worth? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Belle Glade, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Boca Raton, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Boynton Beach, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Canal Point, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Delray Beach, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Greenacres, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Jupiter, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Lake Worth Beach, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Loxahatchee, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- North Palm Beach, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Pahokee, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Palm Beach, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Royal Palm Beach, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- South Bay, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Wellington, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- West Palm Beach, FL Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Lake Worth, FL
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Lake Worth.
Lake Worth, FL Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Lake Worth, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|Coverage Amount:||Annual Premium|
|1800 sq. ft. or below |
|Average Coverage:||$1580 /yr.|
|2600 sq. ft. or higher |
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Lake Worth, FL?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Lake Worth is around $1580 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Lake Worth, FL?
- • Homeowners in Lake Worth pay an average cost per month around $132.00 for insurance coverage.
Lake Worth, FL Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Lake Worth is located in a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood Zone Notice: The beautiful coastal city of Lake Worth is know for it's beautiful beaches and waterways. Because Palm Beach County (FIPS: 12099) has a shoreline and is in a coastal area it is important to purchase flood insurance. The risk is very high in this area and we will work with you to provide the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in Lake Worth, FL.
Coastal Lake Worth, Florida Information: To obtain flood insurance coverage, the process usually takes more than 30 days to finalize, if you need flood insurance coverage now, please call us at 888-620-1954.
For more information about your area, please click Coastal Homeowners Insurance in Florida
Lake Worth, FL - 2023 Housing Information
|Month||Current Home Value (2023)||Last Year Home Value (2022)|
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Lake Worth home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Lake Worth
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Lake Worth, FL homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Lake Worth Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Lake Worth homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Lake Worth area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for Florida homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|14 ft.||This is the average home elevation in Lake Worth, FL||
» Elevation is crucial to a homeowners insurance policy because it determines the risk of your home being in a flood zone which is particularly important in a coastal state such as Lake Worth, Florida.
A standard homeowners policy does not cover flood damage. If you live in a flood prone area, you will need to purchase a separate flood to fully protect your home.
Flood insurance can be purchased via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or in the private market. NFIP policies come with coverage caps and other restrictions so you may need to supplement your flood insurance coverage with a private market policy.
It's important to remember that flooding occurs in low and moderate risk areas as well. According to FEMA data, almost 25% of all flood claims come from low to moderate-risk areas.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Lake Worth, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Palm Beach County.
Florida Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Florida Homeowners Advance From Citizens into Private Companies Posted on Tuesday 5th December, 2023
Homeowners Choice Property and Casualty Insurance Co. has assumed approximately 53,750 policies from Citizens Property Insurance Corp., Florida’s state-backed insurance company, the parent company says in a Tuesday news release. Homeowners Choice is owned by HCI Group Inc., a holding company with operations in homeowners insurance, information technology services, real estate and reinsurance. Homeowners Choice […]
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
Fall 2023: Florida Homeowners Insurance Premium Update Posted on Tuesday 24th October, 2023
Despite the fact that the Florida legislation finally passed a couple of bills to deal with the ever-increasing cost of homeowners insurance, it seems unlikely that premiums will start to fall anytime soon according to a report put out by Karen Clark & Company (KCC), a risk modelling firm. The recent report, titled “Managing Expectations: […]
Citizens Property Sends Out Letters Posted on Wednesday 27th September, 2023
Soon, hundreds of thousands of Citizens Property Insurance Company policyholders will be getting a letter in their mailbox asking them to move their policy to a private insurance company and away from Citizens, the state-backed insurer of last resort. Citizens Property is using the letters as part of its “Depopulation” effort that was approved by […]
5 New Homeowners Insurance Companies Step into the Florida Insurance Market Posted on Wednesday 27th September, 2023
Florida’s property insurance disaster may be taking baby steps in the right direction as five new insurers step into the Florida market, taking over hundreds of thousands from Citizens Property, Florida’s insurer of last resort. This could lead to more insurance options for residents of the Sunshine State soon. The five companies in the mix […]
Lake Worth, FL Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Lake Worth so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Lake Worth, FL?
- The average square footage in Lake Worth is around 1,504 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $251,250 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $167.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $251,250
Location: Lake Worth, Florida (Palm Beach County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Lake Worth: $167 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Lake Worth: 1,504 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status||Price per Sq. Ft.||Dwelling Coverage|
|None or Very Minor Improvements||$167||$251,250|
|Some Additional Upgrades||$209||$314,063|
|Major Home Updates or Advancements||$251||$376,875|
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($167) in Lake Worth, Florida times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $521,875 (Media price to build of $209 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.