Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Monroe County, NY! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Monroe County, NY Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Trying to find afforable homeowners insurance coverage in Monroe County can be difficult with so many options available locally and online. Plus, everywhere you turn it seems like rates are on the increase. For most of us, getting the right coverage means speaking with a home insurance professional that can help you find the right coverage at the price you can afford. Shopping online for cheaper Monroe County home insurance rates with GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com allows you to get top quality service from the most competitive home insurance companies available in the state of New York. It's important for you to know the coverage options available for your home within Monroe County, that's why our experience staff of over 20+ years can answer any questions that you may have about your current and new home insurance policy needs. And most of all, we provide ways to help you apply additional discounts to lower your premium while still getting a complete coverage package. Start your online home insurance quote today!
Monroe County Coastal Home Insurance Rate Quotes
Monroe County is in a coastal area, it's important to know that flood zones are crucial along the coast that are prone to major hurricanes and tropical storms. Flood insurance programs can be offered to you through your current home insurance carrier or through the National Flood Insurance Programs available in Monroe County. Speaking with a licensed professional at GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com allows you to review all coverage options and apply coverages like flood, hurricane insurance and wind hail coverage. Let us help you get the right coastal insurance coverage for your home in Monroe County.
For Monroe County, NY homeowners, it's important to know that the average home insurance policy in New York is estimated to be around $113.00 per month. That amounts to $1356 per year for a standard (HO-3) homeowners insurance policy for residents living in Monroe County. In comparison, the United States national average for homeowners insurance premiums is around 1,249 per year. New York is now ranked 16 in the country in terms of highest home insurance rates. You can easily get up to 12 free home insurance quotes for your home in Monroe County, NY along with great consulting services so we can help you review which coverage policy is best for your needs. Most homeowners in your area need additional coverages based on certain preferences like a umbrella policy, extra wind and hail coverage, multiple auto insurance policies, wedding ring coverage or boat coverages. A simple HO-3 home insurance policy doesn't cover everything, that is why we can help you fine tune your Monroe County home insurance coverage to make sure you are covered when you need it the most.
For all Monroe County, NY residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
- Brockport, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Churchville, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- East Rochester, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Fairport, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Hamlin, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Henrietta, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Hilton, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Honeoye Falls, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Mendon, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Mumford, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- North Chili, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Penfield, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Pittsford, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Rochester, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Rush, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Scottsville, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Spencerport, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Webster, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- West Henrietta, NY Home Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Monroe County? Simply enter your zip code to get your New York homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Monroe County, NY Housing Demographics
With 744,344 residents living within the Monroe County area there are over 320,593 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 184,253 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Monroe County.
|Total Occupied Households||300,422|
|Family Households (families)||184,253|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||3|
|Average Family Size||3|
|Total Housing Units||320,593|
Monroe County, NY Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
For all homeowners living in Monroe County (FIPS: 36055), it's important to understand that this county is in a coastal area and has great risk of damage due to hurricanes, windstorms, hail and flooding. The wind and hail insurance program provided through the state of New York is the states opportunity to help provide additional wind/hail coverage when insurance companies exclude it from homeowners and other policies sold to coastal residents. You can buy wind and hail insurance coverage through us and we will shop multiple companies to package the best coverage option for you. If you are shopping for quotes in Monroe County, NY, it's important that you look into hurricane and windstorm insurance options.
Monroe County boarders a shoreline which increases the risk of wind, hail and flood damage. We will look into providing the best rates possible considering your home is located in the coastal area of New York.
Monroe County, NY Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of New York, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 16 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Average Rating||Annual Premium|
|Minimum Range:||$842 /yr.|
|Current Average Cost:||$1,131 /yr.|
|Maximum Range:||$1357 /yr.|
Monroe County, NY Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Monroe is a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood Zone Notice: The beautiful coastal county of Monroe is know for it's beautiful beaches and waterways. Because Monroe County (FIPS: 36055) has a shoreline and is in a coastal area it is important to purchase flood insurance. The risk is very high in this area and we will work with you to provide the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in Monroe County.
New York Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
What Is the 80/20 Rule In Homeowners Insurance? Posted on Wednesday 8th November, 2023
If you are purchasing a home, your lender will require that you carry homeowners insurance to protect their investment in your home. Homeowners coverage will help cover the cost of repairing or replacing your home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril. Covered perils can include items such as a hurricane or […]
Fall 2023: Florida Homeowners Insurance Premium Update Posted on Tuesday 24th October, 2023
Despite the fact that the Florida legislation finally passed a couple of bills to deal with the ever-increasing cost of homeowners insurance, it seems unlikely that premiums will start to fall anytime soon according to a report put out by Karen Clark & Company (KCC), a risk modelling firm. The recent report, titled “Managing Expectations: […]
Are hardwood floors covered by my homeowners insurance? Posted on Friday 20th October, 2023
Hardwood floors can be expensive to repair or replace if they are damaged and a question that many homeowners have is whether or not hardwood floors are covered by their homeowners insurance. The good news is that in most cases, your damage will be covered as long as it is caused by a covered peril. […]
2023: Homeowners Insurance Premium Are Going Up Posted on Thursday 12th October, 2023
Many homeowners have been notified lately that their homeowners insurance premium is going to be headed up. According to the Insurance Information Institute, higher insurance costs can be blamed on a variety of factors which include more expensive building materials, supply chain issues as well as continuing labor shortages. Factors that increase home insurance costs […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Monroe County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your New York homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Monroe County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Monroe County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Monroe County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Monroe County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units||320593|
|Occupied Housing Units||300422|
|Vacant Housing Units||20171|
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent||9448|
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied||469|
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale||2552|
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied||830|
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use||1611|
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants||5261|
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent||1|
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent||8|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units||300422|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied||193125|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population||491449|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size||3|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied||107297|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population||226612|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size||2|