Bunker Hill, KS Homeowners Insurance Rate Quotes!
Are you looking for the best home insurance rates in Bunker Hill, KS? Although price is the #1 factor for homeowners when it comes to shopping for a new home insurance policy, the most important is having the right coverage and protection for your home and family. If you want to save more money on your Bunker Hill home insurance premium, try applying the following homeowners insurance discounts and credits when comparing multiple rates, you may realize that there are additional discounts available other than the common deadbolt, smoke detector or security alarm. All of these possible discount items can help you save up to 40% on your home insurance policy. For fast quotes, please call us at 1-913-276-4017 or get quotes online for free and let our local Bunker Hill home insurance professional help you find the affordable rates you are looking for!
Buying a Bunker Hill, KS Homeowners Policy
Many homeowners in Bunker Hill are not sure what is covered under a basic homeowners (HO-3) policy. Here are the most important coverage details that you need when a standard policy. Also below we have included some coverage options that may be required in addition to your policy for that added protection.
- Fire and Lightning - home fires or weather related claims due to thunderstorms
- Water Damage and Freezing Temperatures - plumbing issues or harsh cold winters
- Bodily Injury
- Wind and Hail - high winds and hail damage account for the majority of claims every year.
- Earthquake - some mortgage providers require you to purchase earthquake insurance.
- Flooding - if your home is in a flood zone, your mortgage lender will require you to purchase a flood insurance policy.
When shopping and comparing homeowners insurance quotes online, it's also very important to have all your questions answered before purchasing a policy. This is why our quoting service provides the highest quality in customer care and free insurance consulting services. We want to help you discover affordable rates, but also help you find the protection you need for your Bunker Hill home.
How much is home insurance in Bunker Hill, KS?
Finding cheaper premiums in Bunker Hill is now much easier for local residents thanks to GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com. Many homeowners often ask how their current premium ranks compared to other homeowners throughout the state. Bunker Hill homeowners are seeing rates as low as $857.00 per year. Average home insurance rates with good coverage and a 1800 square foot home are seeing rates around the $1,107.00 per year which is only $92.00 per month. Higher-end homes that are much larger than 2800 square feet require more replacement cost coverage, so those rates are in the $1,407.00 range per year. It's important to know that these average homeowners insurance rates reflect the cost of a standard HO-3 home insurance policy which includes the coverage of your home, your contents, loss of use, medical payments and homeowner liability coverage. As mentioned above, please understand that a basic homeowners insurance policy does not include flood or earthquake protection.
The best home insurance coverage includes an affordable rate with the protection you need. At GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com, our licensed agents can provide up to 12 competitive home insurance quotes for you to review. And our free consulting service allows us to answer any questions that you may have about which policy is best for your family and home located in Bunker Hill.
Bunker Hill City Demographics
Location of Bunker Hill, KS (RUSSELL County)
- Total Population: 95
- Occupied Residents: 76
- Average Price of a Home Per Zip Code: $155,000
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Bunker Hill, KS!
Get up to 12 competitive Bunker Hill, KS homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby Bunker Hill
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Bunker Hill? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Dorrance, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Gorham, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Lucas, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Luray, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Paradise, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Russell, KS Home Insurance Quotes
- Waldo, KS Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Bunker Hill, KS
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Bunker Hill.
Bunker Hill, KS Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Bunker Hill, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|1800 sq. ft. or below
|2600 sq. ft. or higher
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Bunker Hill, KS?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Bunker Hill is around $1107 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Bunker Hill, KS?
- • Homeowners in Bunker Hill pay an average cost per month around $92.00 for insurance coverage.
Bunker Hill, KS - 2023 Housing Information
|Current Home Value (2023)
|Last Year Home Value (2022)
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Bunker Hill home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Bunker Hill
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Bunker Hill, KS homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Bunker Hill Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Bunker Hill homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Bunker Hill area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for Kansas homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|This is the average home elevation in Bunker Hill, KS
Did you know that the elevation in which your home resides is crucial to a home insurance policy because it determines the risk factor related to your home being in a flood zone. It is important to understand that your home is not covered for floods under a standard homeowners policy. You will need to speak with a local Kansas flood insurance agent about a flood insurance policy, please give us a call now at 888-620-1954.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Bunker Hill, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Russell County.
Kansas Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
NC Residents Speak Against 42% Rate Increase Requested by Rate Bureau Posted on Tuesday 13th February, 2024
During a recent public comment session held by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, dozens of North Carolina residents spoke out against an average rate increase of 42% that the North Carolina Rate Bureau is requesting. The Rate Bureau represents insurance companies in the state and earlier this year requested average rate increases of 42%. […]
Is Homeowners Insurance Part of Your New Years Resolution? Posted on Wednesday 31st January, 2024
The New Year is here for 2024, and you have probably made a list of resolutions involving everything from eating better to losing a bit of weight. One thing that should be on everyone’s list is a review and update of their homeowners policy. The beginning of the year is a great time to pull […]
North Carolina: 2024 Homeowners Insurance Rate Increase Proposed Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Recently, the North Carolina Rate Bureau requested that the N.C. Department of Insurance allow increases to homeowners’ insurance rates by an average of 42.2 percent. If the NCDOI agrees, the proposed rates will go into effect Aug. 1. However, it is also possible that the NCDOI will not agree to the increase and deny the […]
Shopping For Coastal NC Home Insurance Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Getting an affordable home insurance policy is crucial when shopping for home insurance online, especially if your home is considered to be in a flood zone. Most homes that are in a flood zone are near the coast, like the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Major cities along the North Carolina coast like Calabash, Oak […]
Bunker Hill, KS Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Bunker Hill so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Bunker Hill, KS?
- The average square footage in Bunker Hill is around 1,230 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $155,000 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $126.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $155,000
Location: Bunker Hill, Kansas (Russell County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Bunker Hill: $126 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Bunker Hill: 1,230 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status
|Price per Sq. Ft.
|None or Very Minor Improvements
|Some Additional Upgrades
|Major Home Updates or Advancements
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($126) in Bunker Hill, Kansas times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $393,750 (Media price to build of $158 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.