Get Prairie Lea, TX Home Insurance Rates!
If you have watched your Prairie Lea home insurance rates increase year over year, you are not alone. Homeowners insurance in Texas has gotten more expensive over the last decade and Texas is now the #4 in country when it comes to the cost of homeowners coverage.
The average cost of homeowners insurance in Texas is currently $2000 which makes Texas the #4 most expensive state in the country for home insurance. Local residents of Prairie Lea need to be aware that the national average is $1311.
The insurance coverages you need in Prairie Lea
Homeowners in Prairie Lea (or just about anywhere for that matter) should be aware of the different types of protection offered by a homeowners policy. Here is a quick overview:
Dwelling: This portion of your policy will help repair or rebuild your home’s structure if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril. Your dwelling coverage levels should be enough to cover the cost of rebuilding your home.
Liability: The liability portion of the policy will help cover any liability issues that come up at your home. It will help pay medical as well as legal bills for any injuries that happen to guests at your home. This can be the result of someone being injured at your home, falling down your stairs for example or if your pet bites someone the liability portion of your policy will step up.
A standard homeowners policy comes with $100,000 in liability coverage but most experts recommend carrying at least $300,000 in coverage. Medical and legal bills can quickly add up so make sure you are carrying enough liability protection.
Personal Property: This coverage will repair or replace your personal possessions if they are damaged or destroyed by a covered peril. The coverage amount for your personal property is 50 percent of your dwelling coverage which means that if you are carrying $300,000 in homeowners insurance on your home, your coverage level for your personal property is $150,000.
Other Structures: This covers other structures on your property such as outbuildings, sheds, barns, detached garages and other structures. This coverage is 10 percent of your coverage levels on most policies so if you are carrying $200,000 on your home, your other structures are protected by $20,000 in coverage. This is all structures combined.
Loss of Use: If your home is so damaged that you can’t live in it while it is being repaired the loss of use portion of your policy will step up. This coverage will help cover expenses you incur due to being out of your home. It will pay hotel bills, restaurant tabs as well as other expenses such as dry cleaning.
Tips for lowering your insurance costs in Texas
While the cost of homeowners insurance has gone up in recent years, there are ways to save a bit of money on your premium. Regardless of whether you live on the coast or inland, these tips can help put some money back in your pocket:
- Shop your coverage: If you are reading this, you are probably already shopping your coverage. Shopping your policy is the best way to lower your insurance costs. Insurers rate risk differently and this can lead to dramatic differences in premium quotes.
We can help make the shopping process quick and easy. Simply enter you zip code at the top of the page, fill out our short form and Click "Get Home Insurance Quotes". We will shop your coverage with at least 12 insurance companies that best respresent the city of Prairie Lea and we ensure you will find a great policy without having to leave the comfort of your own home.
- Discounts: Insurers offer numerous discounts and making sure that every discount you qualify for is applied to your policy is a great way to lower your premium. We make sure all available discounts are being applied to your policy.
- Upgrade your home: This can result in big savings, particularly if your home is located on the coast. Replacing your roof with wind and hail resistant shingles, adding storm shutters and getting your mechanicals off the ground can result in big savings.
- Up your deductible: This is another great way to lower your premium. Doubling your deductible can result in a major discount. Always make sure you choose a deductible that you can easily afford in the event you have to make a claim.
It's time to save some money
If you are ready to save a bit of coin on your insurance bill, we are here to help. We offer a quick and easy solution to shop and compare Prairie Lea home insurance rates online, with our quick online quoting application, we can help you review rates from up to 12 home insurance companies to find the best policy for your particular home.
If you are looking for a new policy that comes with great coverage and a low premium for your home in Prairie Lea, let us help you save up to 40% or more on your new home insurance policy. Start a quote online now or give us a call at 1-866-502-7287..
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Prairie Lea, TX!
Get up to 12 competitive Prairie Lea, TX homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
About Our Service in Texas
We are providing the most competitive homeowners insurance rates in Texas. Our quoting process is very quick and easy to use when you want to compare over 16 competitive rates all in one place. Our office is located in the heart of Austin, Texas and we are ready to help you compare the most affordable home insurance options and discounts with the most enhanced coverage options. Our rates will be generated from companies like: American Risk Insurance, Bankers Insurance Group, Centauri, Cypress Texas Insurance, Encompass Insurance, GeoVera Specialty, Gulfstream Property & Casualty, Home Owners of America, Lighthouse Property Insurance, Mission Select, TWICO, Universal North America (UIHNA), United property and casualty, Wellington, American Modern, Safeco and many more. Let us help you shop the lowest Texas rates available, start your quote online now or give us a call at 877-480-7274. We look forward to working with you!
Average Rates Nearby Prairie Lea
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Prairie Lea? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Dale, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Fentress, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Lockhart, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Luling, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Martindale, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Maxwell, TX Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Prairie Lea, TX
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Prairie Lea.
Prairie Lea, TX Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Prairie Lea, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|1800 sq. ft. or below
|2600 sq. ft. or higher
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Prairie Lea, TX?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Prairie Lea is around $1508 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Prairie Lea, TX?
- • Homeowners in Prairie Lea pay an average cost per month around $126.00 for insurance coverage.
Prairie Lea, TX - 2023 Housing Information
|Current Home Value (2023)
|Last Year Home Value (2022)
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Prairie Lea home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Prairie Lea
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Prairie Lea, TX homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Prairie Lea Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Prairie Lea homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Prairie Lea area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for Texas homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|This is the average home elevation in Prairie Lea, TX
Did you know that the elevation in which your home resides is crucial to a home insurance policy because it determines the risk factor related to your home being in a flood zone. It is important to understand that your home is not covered for floods under a standard homeowners policy. You will need to speak with a local Texas flood insurance agent about a flood insurance policy, please give us a call now at 888-620-1954.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Prairie Lea, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Caldwell County.
Texas Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
9% Predicted Jump in Home Insurance Rates in 2023 Posted on Tuesday 25th April, 2023
According to a new report by online marketplace Insurify, average homeowner insurance premiums are headed up again in 2023. The report predicts that the average cost of homeowners insurance could jump up 9% which translates into about $150 increase for most homeowners. The pain will not be distributed equally, homeowners in some states will see […]
Get Cheaper Home Insurance by Using These Great Saving Tips Posted on Friday 19th August, 2022
Homeowner insurance rates are headed up in many states this year. Colorado’s new average rate is around $3,400, Oklahoma is now $3,300, Tennesse has also moved up on the list to an average home insurance rate of $3,000 per year. Kansas and Texas are both around $2,500 for the year. While your premium may be […]
Top 3 Reasons Homeowners Can Expect a 3% to 30% Rate Increase Posted on Monday 18th April, 2022
Interest rate hike due to inflation percentage rising up, FED, federal reserve or central bank monetary policy, economics or loan concept, businessman archery percentage arrow high up into the sky. There is a good chance that your homeowners insurance premium will be headed up this year. According to a recent S&P Global Market Intelligence report, homeowners […]
Wind & Hail Home Insurance Coverage Guide Posted on Monday 13th September, 2021
Home in Panama City, Florida suffers from wind and hail damage in 2018. This damaged house is from hurricane Michael. Hailstorms can do a tremendous amount of damage to your house and roof in very short amount of time and if you are not properly insured you could end up having to cover the cost […]
Prairie Lea, TX Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Prairie Lea so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Prairie Lea, TX?
- The average square footage in Prairie Lea is around 591 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $76,300 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $129.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $76,300
Location: Prairie Lea, Texas (Caldwell County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Prairie Lea: $129 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Prairie Lea: 591 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status
|Price per Sq. Ft.
|None or Very Minor Improvements
|Some Additional Upgrades
|Major Home Updates or Advancements
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($129) in Prairie Lea, Texas times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $403,125 (Media price to build of $161 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.