Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Harris County, TX! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Harris County, TX Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a quick comparison of Harris County, TX homeowners insurance quotes to review and compare the best rates today? We can provide up to 12 or more competitive home insurance rates with different coverage options from a basic HO-3 standard homeowner policy to a bundle / packaged discount policy that would include your home and auto grouped together. A basic policy for homeowners living in Harris County includes protection against most major perils. If you are in need of earthquake or flood insurance, then we can help you find additional coverage. As you may know, a flood policy is separate from a standard HO-3 policy.
Coastal Harris County, TX Home Insurance
Harris County is located near the coast as you know, so it is important to understand that flood protection is crucial for homes in your area that are prone to hurricanes and tropical wind storms. We recommend you speak with us if you have questions about your coastal homeowners insurance coverage. Flood insurance is not part of your basic homeowners (HO-3) policy, but can easily be bundled to help give you the added protection you need. We offer an easy way to review the best flood insurance rates for Harris County, please give us a call at 888-620-1954 for completitive flood insurance rates in your area.
Affordable Harris County Rates
Homeowners living in Harris County, pay on average around $2000 per year or $166.67 a month for home insurance. Let us help you shop multiple coverage options and provide up to 40% off in discount savings for your home in Harris County. Online rate quotes can be easily reviewed by entering your zip code of the property you would like to insure or give us a call now at 1-866-502-7287
For all Harris County, TX residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
- Baytown, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Bellaire, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Channelview, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Crosby, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Cypress, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Deer Park, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Galena Park, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Highlands, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Hockley, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Houston, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Huffman, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Humble, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Katy, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Kingwood, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- La Porte, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Pasadena, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Seabrook, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- South Houston, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Spring, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Tomball, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Waller, TX Home Insurance Quotes
- Webster, TX Home Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Harris County? Simply enter your zip code to get your Texas homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Harris County, TX Housing Demographics
With 4,092,459 residents living within the Harris County area there are over 1,598,698 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 985,652 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Harris County.
|Total Occupied Households
|Family Households (families)
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size
|Average Family Size
|Total Housing Units
Harris County, TX Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
For all homeowners living in Harris County (FIPS: 48201), it's important to understand that this county is in a coastal area and has great risk of damage due to hurricanes, windstorms, hail and flooding. The wind and hail insurance program provided through the state of Texas is the states opportunity to help provide additional wind/hail coverage when insurance companies exclude it from homeowners and other policies sold to coastal residents. You can buy wind and hail insurance coverage through us and we will shop multiple companies to package the best coverage option for you. If you are shopping for quotes in Harris County, TX, it's important that you look into hurricane and windstorm insurance options.
Harris County boarders a shoreline which increases the risk of wind, hail and flood damage. We will look into providing the best rates possible considering your home is located in the coastal area of Texas.
Harris County, TX Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of Texas, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 4 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Current Average Cost:
Harris County, TX Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Harris is a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood Zone Notice: The beautiful coastal county of Harris is know for it's beautiful beaches and waterways. Because Harris County (FIPS: 48201) has a shoreline and is in a coastal area it is important to purchase flood insurance. The risk is very high in this area and we will work with you to provide the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in Harris County.
Texas Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
9% Predicted Jump in Home Insurance Rates in 2023 Posted on Tuesday 25th April, 2023
According to a new report by online marketplace Insurify, average homeowner insurance premiums are headed up again in 2023. The report predicts that the average cost of homeowners insurance could jump up 9% which translates into about $150 increase for most homeowners. The pain will not be distributed equally, homeowners in some states will see […]
Get Cheaper Home Insurance by Using These Great Saving Tips Posted on Friday 19th August, 2022
Homeowner insurance rates are headed up in many states this year. Colorado’s new average rate is around $3,400, Oklahoma is now $3,300, Tennesse has also moved up on the list to an average home insurance rate of $3,000 per year. Kansas and Texas are both around $2,500 for the year. While your premium may be […]
Top 3 Reasons Homeowners Can Expect a 3% to 30% Rate Increase Posted on Monday 18th April, 2022
Interest rate hike due to inflation percentage rising up, FED, federal reserve or central bank monetary policy, economics or loan concept, businessman archery percentage arrow high up into the sky. There is a good chance that your homeowners insurance premium will be headed up this year. According to a recent S&P Global Market Intelligence report, homeowners […]
Wind & Hail Home Insurance Coverage Guide Posted on Monday 13th September, 2021
Home in Panama City, Florida suffers from wind and hail damage in 2018. This damaged house is from hurricane Michael. Hailstorms can do a tremendous amount of damage to your house and roof in very short amount of time and if you are not properly insured you could end up having to cover the cost […]
Am I underinsured for hurricane damage? Posted on Thursday 26th August, 2021
Tropical Storm Henri hit the Northeast pretty hard over the last week and for many homeowners the pain caused by the storm could just be getting started. Unfortunately, many homeowners may be underinsured or not have the right coverage in place when it comes to tropical storm and hurricane damage. A recent study by Policygenius […]
FEMA’s new rating system is called “Risk Rating 2.0,” effective October 1st, 2021 Posted on Wednesday 28th April, 2021
A recent report by ValuePenguin looked at the new risk ratings that the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) will be using when determining premiums for flood insurance in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). The report found that millions of homeowners could see noticeable increases in flood insurance costs. FEMA’s new rating system is called […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Harris County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your Texas homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Harris County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Harris County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Harris County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Harris County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units
|Occupied Housing Units
|Vacant Housing Units
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size