Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Granville County, NC! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Granville County, NC Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Granville County (NC) homeowners are now averaging around $93.25 per month for homeowners insurance coverage. For North Carolina, this amounts to $1119 per year for a standard (HO-3) home insurance policy. When you compare the national average, rates are around 1,249 per year. North Carolina is now ranked #32 in the country for the highest paid home insurance rates. Would you like to get up to 12 free home insurance quotes for your home in Granville County, NC so you can save up to fourty percent or more? If so, we look forward to working with you and providing a excellent home insurance shopping experience. You can easily compare rates by giving us a call now or enter your zip code to start our hassle free online quoting application. With some basic information about your home, we can help you review which carrier has the best rate and which policy per insurance provider has the best coverage. There is a big difference when it comes to protecting your home when you need it the most. Financial protection for repairs or rebuilding your home is crucial and so a cheaper rate may not always be the best decision when you need to count on an insurance provider to help you coverage financial loss due to a wind storm, hail, hurricanes or even flooding. Although, flooding is not covered under a basic policy, we can help you enhance your coverage to help add that extra protection. Let us help you shop your new home insurance policy today!
For all Granville County, NC residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Granville County? Simply enter your zip code to get your North Carolina homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Granville County, NC Housing Demographics
With 59,916 residents living within the Granville County area there are over 22,827 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 14,697 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Granville County.
|Total Occupied Households
|Family Households (families)
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size
|Average Family Size
|Total Housing Units
Granville County, NC Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of North Carolina, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 32 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Current Average Cost:
North Carolina Homeowners Insurance News & Information
NC Residents Speak Against 42% Rate Increase Requested by Rate Bureau Posted on Tuesday 13th February, 2024
During a recent public comment session held by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, dozens of North Carolina residents spoke out against an average rate increase of 42% that the North Carolina Rate Bureau is requesting. The Rate Bureau represents insurance companies in the state and earlier this year requested average rate increases of 42%. […]
North Carolina: 2024 Homeowners Insurance Rate Increase Proposed Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Recently, the North Carolina Rate Bureau requested that the N.C. Department of Insurance allow increases to homeowners’ insurance rates by an average of 42.2 percent. If the NCDOI agrees, the proposed rates will go into effect Aug. 1. However, it is also possible that the NCDOI will not agree to the increase and deny the […]
North Carolina Joint Underwriters and Wind Pool Map Explained Posted on Thursday 28th December, 2023
North Carolina is a lovely state to call home. Our state is packed with beautiful cities, museums, restaurants and of course, some of the loveliest beaches in the country. Unfortunately, if you live in one of our amazing coastal southern cities such as Ocean Isle Beach, Holden Beach, Oak Island Beach, Calabash, Bald Head Island, […]
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Granville County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your North Carolina homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Granville County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Granville County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Granville County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Granville County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units
|Occupied Housing Units
|Vacant Housing Units
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size