Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Beaufort County, NC! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Beaufort County, NC Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Beaufort County homeowners insurance can protect your home from damages due to fires, lightning, theft, falling objects and even vandalism under a basic North Carolina homeowners policy.
Beaufort County Coastal Home Insurance
Because Beaufort County is in a coastal area, it's important to know that flood zones are crucial along the coast that are prone to hurricanes and tropical storms. Flood insurance programs can be offered to you through your current home insurance carrier or through the National Flood Insurance Programs available in Beaufort County. Speaking with a licensed professional at GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com allows you to review all coverage options and apply coverages like flood, hurricane insurance and wind hail coverage. Let us help you get the right coastal insurance coverage for your home in Beaufort County.
Basic Coverage Protection and Rates
For a basic standard homeowners policy in Beaufort County also referred to as an HO-3 policy, you are looking at paying around $93.25 per month. Most homeowners pay annually for home insurance which is estimated to be around $1119 per year. Beaufort County home insurance rates drastically depend on the home insurance company you choose. We can help you compare up to 12 major carriers, which will allow us to get the most competitive rate possible saving you up to 40% or more. Our quoting process also likes to work with you to provide every available discount and credit offered to you, the homeowner. More importantly, cheaper rates sometimes means cheaper coverage and a lack of protection for your home and family. The ideal policy, is one with outstanding coverage so you are insured properly but it also has to be affordable. Most homeowners living in North Carolina enjoy the benefits of lower rates, but every homeowner enjoys the comfort and protection when you need to count on your insurance company the most. Let us help shop the best Beaufort County homeowners policy for you.
For all Beaufort County, NC residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
- Aurora, NC Home Insurance Quotes
- Bath, NC Home Insurance Quotes
- Belhaven, NC Home Insurance Quotes
- Blounts Creek, NC Home Insurance Quotes
- Chocowinity, NC Home Insurance Quotes
- Edward, NC Home Insurance Quotes
- Pantego, NC Home Insurance Quotes
- Pinetown, NC Home Insurance Quotes
- Washington, NC Home Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Beaufort County? Simply enter your zip code to get your North Carolina homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Beaufort County, NC Housing Demographics
With 47,759 residents living within the Beaufort County area there are over 24,688 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 13,495 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Beaufort County.
|Total Occupied Households
|Family Households (families)
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size
|Average Family Size
|Total Housing Units
Beaufort County, NC Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
For all homeowners living in Beaufort County (FIPS: 37013), it's important to understand that this county is in a coastal area and has great risk of damage due to hurricanes, windstorms, hail and flooding. The wind and hail insurance program provided through the state of North Carolina is the states opportunity to help provide additional wind/hail coverage when insurance companies exclude it from homeowners and other policies sold to coastal residents. You can buy wind and hail insurance coverage through us and we will shop multiple companies to package the best coverage option for you. If you are shopping for quotes in Beaufort County, NC, it's important that you look into hurricane and windstorm insurance options.
Beaufort County boarders a shoreline which increases the risk of wind, hail and flood damage. We will look into providing the best rates possible considering your home is located in the coastal area of North Carolina.
Beaufort County, NC Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of North Carolina, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 32 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Current Average Cost:
Beaufort County, NC Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Beaufort is a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood Zone Notice: The beautiful coastal county of Beaufort is know for it's beautiful beaches and waterways. Because Beaufort County (FIPS: 37013) has a shoreline and is in a coastal area it is important to purchase flood insurance. The risk is very high in this area and we will work with you to provide the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in Beaufort County.
Coastal Beaufort County Home Insurance Information:
North Carolina Homeowners Insurance News & Information
NC Residents Speak Against 42% Rate Increase Requested by Rate Bureau Posted on Tuesday 13th February, 2024
During a recent public comment session held by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, dozens of North Carolina residents spoke out against an average rate increase of 42% that the North Carolina Rate Bureau is requesting. The Rate Bureau represents insurance companies in the state and earlier this year requested average rate increases of 42%. […]
North Carolina: 2024 Homeowners Insurance Rate Increase Proposed Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Recently, the North Carolina Rate Bureau requested that the N.C. Department of Insurance allow increases to homeowners’ insurance rates by an average of 42.2 percent. If the NCDOI agrees, the proposed rates will go into effect Aug. 1. However, it is also possible that the NCDOI will not agree to the increase and deny the […]
North Carolina Joint Underwriters and Wind Pool Map Explained Posted on Thursday 28th December, 2023
North Carolina is a lovely state to call home. Our state is packed with beautiful cities, museums, restaurants and of course, some of the loveliest beaches in the country. Unfortunately, if you live in one of our amazing coastal southern cities such as Ocean Isle Beach, Holden Beach, Oak Island Beach, Calabash, Bald Head Island, […]
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Beaufort County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your North Carolina homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Beaufort County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Beaufort County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Beaufort County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Beaufort County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units
|Occupied Housing Units
|Vacant Housing Units
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size