Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Cayuga County, NY! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Cayuga County, NY Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a quick comparison of Cayuga County, NY homeowners insurance quotes to review and compare the best rates today? We can provide up to 12 or more competitive home insurance rates with different coverage options from a basic HO-3 standard homeowner policy to a bundle / packaged discount policy that would include your home and auto grouped together. A basic policy for homeowners living in Cayuga County includes protection against most major perils. If you are in need of earthquake or flood insurance, then we can help you find additional coverage. As you may know, a flood policy is separate from a standard HO-3 policy.
Coastal Cayuga County, NY Home Insurance
Cayuga County is located near the coast as you know, so it is important to understand that flood protection is crucial for homes in your area that are prone to hurricanes and tropical wind storms. We recommend you speak with us if you have questions about your coastal homeowners insurance coverage. Flood insurance is not part of your basic homeowners (HO-3) policy, but can easily be bundled to help give you the added protection you need. We offer an easy way to review the best flood insurance rates for Cayuga County, please give us a call at 888-620-1954 for completitive flood insurance rates in your area.
Affordable Cayuga County Rates
Homeowners living in Cayuga County, pay on average around $1356 per year or $113.00 a month for home insurance. Let us help you shop multiple coverage options and provide up to 40% off in discount savings for your home in Cayuga County. Online rate quotes can be easily reviewed by entering your zip code of the property you would like to insure or give us a call now at 1-855-976-2656
For all Cayuga County, NY residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
- Auburn, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Aurora, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Cato, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Cayuga, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Fair Haven, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Genoa, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- King Ferry, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Locke, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Martville, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Meridian, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Montezuma, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Moravia, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Port Byron, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Scipio Center, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Sterling, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Union Springs, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Weedsport, NY Home Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Cayuga County? Simply enter your zip code to get your New York homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Cayuga County, NY Housing Demographics
With 80,026 residents living within the Cayuga County area there are over 36,489 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 20,264 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Cayuga County.
|Total Occupied Households||31,445|
|Family Households (families)||20,264|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||3|
|Average Family Size||3|
|Total Housing Units||36,489|
Cayuga County, NY Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
For all homeowners living in Cayuga County (FIPS: 36011), it's important to understand that this county is in a coastal area and has great risk of damage due to hurricanes, windstorms, hail and flooding. The wind and hail insurance program provided through the state of New York is the states opportunity to help provide additional wind/hail coverage when insurance companies exclude it from homeowners and other policies sold to coastal residents. You can buy wind and hail insurance coverage through us and we will shop multiple companies to package the best coverage option for you. If you are shopping for quotes in Cayuga County, NY, it's important that you look into hurricane and windstorm insurance options.
Cayuga County boarders a shoreline which increases the risk of wind, hail and flood damage. We will look into providing the best rates possible considering your home is located in the coastal area of New York.
Cayuga County, NY Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of New York, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 16 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Average Rating||Annual Premium|
|Minimum Range:||$842 /yr.|
|Current Average Cost:||$1,131 /yr.|
|Maximum Range:||$1357 /yr.|
Cayuga County, NY Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Cayuga is a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood Zone Notice: The beautiful coastal county of Cayuga is know for it's beautiful beaches and waterways. Because Cayuga County (FIPS: 36011) has a shoreline and is in a coastal area it is important to purchase flood insurance. The risk is very high in this area and we will work with you to provide the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in Cayuga County.
New York Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Florida Homeowners Advance From Citizens into Private Companies Posted on Tuesday 5th December, 2023
Homeowners Choice Property and Casualty Insurance Co. has assumed approximately 53,750 policies from Citizens Property Insurance Corp., Florida’s state-backed insurance company, the parent company says in a Tuesday news release. Homeowners Choice is owned by HCI Group Inc., a holding company with operations in homeowners insurance, information technology services, real estate and reinsurance. Homeowners Choice […]
North Carolina Joint Underwriters and Wind Pool Map Explained Posted on Thursday 30th November, 2023
North Carolina is a lovely state to call home. Our state is packed with beautiful cities, museums, restaurants and of course, some of the loveliest beaches in the country. Unfortunately, if you live in one of our amazing coastal southern cities such as Ocean Isle Beach, Holden Beach, Oak Island Beach, Calabash, Bald Head Island, […]
Did you know? Your Home Insurance Doesn’t Cover… Posted on Wednesday 29th November, 2023
While homeowners insurance covers a variety of perils and protects your home and personal possessions, it does come with a number of exclusions and coverage gaps that can result in you having to cover the cost of certain damage out of pocket. Let’s have a quick look at what your homeowners policy does and doesn’t […]
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
What Is the 80/20 Rule In Homeowners Insurance? Posted on Wednesday 8th November, 2023
If you are purchasing a home, your lender will require that you carry homeowners insurance to protect their investment in your home. Homeowners coverage will help cover the cost of repairing or replacing your home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril. Covered perils can include items such as a hurricane or […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Cayuga County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your New York homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Cayuga County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Cayuga County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Cayuga County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Cayuga County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units||36489|
|Occupied Housing Units||31445|
|Vacant Housing Units||5044|
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent||670|
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied||54|
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale||357|
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied||131|
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use||2885|
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants||947|
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent||2|
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent||7|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units||31445|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied||22367|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population||56499|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size||3|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied||9078|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population||19282|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size||2|