Manville, NJ Homeowners Insurance Rate Quotes!
Shopping online for a new homeowners insurance policy in Manville just got a bit easier. Our website GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com is here to help you find a great policy at the right price and our customer service reps will make sure that the whole insurance buying process is easy and stress free.
We work with dozens of highly trusted brand name insurance carriers that have been in business for decades so you can be confident that they will be there to help if you ever need to make a claim.
Our licensed Manville insurance consultants are happy to help you compare multiple insurance quotes, advise you on what coverages are right for you and answer any questions you may have throughout the entire shopping process.
We will pull rates from up to 12 different insurance companies and present you with the best options for your home. All of our insurers are highly rated by A.M. Best and our service professionals will guide you through the maze of New Jersey home insurance options so you can be confident that you get the best coverage at an affordable price. Easily start your quote today by entering your Manville zip code today!
Manville Home Insurance Rate on Average
Rates depend on many factors, every policy is different because every home is different. Homeowners in Manville are paying on average around $916 per year. Most homeowners insurance policies are paid annually, but home insurance normally cost around $76 per month for homes in the Manville area. With discounts applied, some are seeing rates as low as $666 per year. More expensive homes that cost more to rebuild or replace are seeing rates higher in the $1,216 per year range. We can help you review which insurance company is best based on price, savings and most of all coverage options. Let us help you shop rates today!
These rates are for a standard homeowners insurance policy, which covers not only the structure of your home but also your contents and other detached structures on your property. In addition, all of our homeowner policies offer liability coverage in case someone is injured on your property as well as medical payments and loss of use coverage.
Insurance can be complicated and confusing but we will be with you every step of the way to help explain the various coverages and answer any questions you may have about your new insurance policy. We can also help identify other risks that may exist around your house, as an example, flood risk. If it turns out your house is in a high-risk area for flooding, we can help you find an affordable flood insurance policy.
For additional help, please visit our homeowners insurance blog for helpful articles, tips and customer related questions.
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Manville, NJ!
Get up to 12 competitive Manville, NJ homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby Manville
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Manville? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Basking Ridge, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Bedminster, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Belle Mead, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Bernardsville, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Bound Brook, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Bridgewater, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Far Hills, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Flagtown, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Franklin Park, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Gladstone, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Hillsborough, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Kingston, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Lyons, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Martinsville, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Neshanic Station, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Peapack, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Raritan, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Rocky Hill, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Skillman, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Somerset, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Somerville, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- South Bound Brook, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Warren, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Watchung, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
- Zarephath, NJ Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Manville, NJ
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Manville.
Manville, NJ Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Manville, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|Coverage Amount:||Annual Premium|
|1800 sq. ft. or below |
|Average Coverage:||$916 /yr.|
|2600 sq. ft. or higher |
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Manville, NJ?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Manville is around $916 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Manville, NJ?
- • Homeowners in Manville pay an average cost per month around $76.00 for insurance coverage.
Manville, NJ Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Manville is located in a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood Zone Notice: The beautiful coastal city of Manville is know for it's beautiful beaches and waterways. Because Somerset County (FIPS: 34035) has a shoreline and is in a coastal area it is important to purchase flood insurance. The risk is very high in this area and we will work with you to provide the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in Manville, NJ.
Manville, NJ - 2023 Housing Information
|Month||Current Home Value (2023)||Last Year Home Value (2022)|
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Manville home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Manville
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Manville, NJ homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Manville Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Manville homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Manville area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for New Jersey homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|47 ft.||This is the average home elevation in Manville, NJ||
» Elevation is crucial to a homeowners insurance policy because it determines the risk of your home being in a flood zone which is particularly important in a coastal state such as Manville, New Jersey.
A standard homeowners policy does not cover flood damage. If you live in a flood prone area, you will need to purchase a separate flood to fully protect your home.
Flood insurance can be purchased via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or in the private market. NFIP policies come with coverage caps and other restrictions so you may need to supplement your flood insurance coverage with a private market policy.
It's important to remember that flooding occurs in low and moderate risk areas as well. According to FEMA data, almost 25% of all flood claims come from low to moderate-risk areas.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Manville, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Somerset County.
New Jersey Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Buy Flood Insurance: What we learned from Hurricane Ida Posted on Monday 20th September, 2021
On September 2, 2021, Parked cars in New Brunswick, New Jersey submerged underwater after Tropical Storm Ida. Hurricane Ida struck Louisiana as a category 4 hurricane with 150 mile an hour winds and days later hit New Jersey, New York, and other states with a massive amount of rain that has caused numerous flash floods, […]
FEMA’s new rating system is called “Risk Rating 2.0,” effective October 1st, 2021 Posted on Wednesday 28th April, 2021
A recent report by ValuePenguin looked at the new risk ratings that the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) will be using when determining premiums for flood insurance in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). The report found that millions of homeowners could see noticeable increases in flood insurance costs. FEMA’s new rating system is called […]
Update: New Jersey Ordered Insurance Relief Posted on Wednesday 22nd April, 2020
New Jersey residents may see some relief from insurance premiums due to COVID-19 pandemic. Recently, the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance ordered insurers to provide financial relief to residents and businesses. The guidance was signed last week by Governor Phil Murphy and extends the grace periods during which insurance companies will not be […]
Mortgage Payment Relief 2020: Tips & Questions Posted on Tuesday 21st April, 2020
Homeowners across the country are suffering as unemployment climbs across all industries, making it difficult for many homeowners to cover all of their bills. The Federal government, as well as some private mortgage companies are offering a bit of help by allowing some homeowners to apply for mortgage relief. While this sounds great, there can […]
New Mortgage Relief for New Jersey Homeowners During Coronavirus Crisis Posted on Wednesday 15th April, 2020
Aerial view of Atlantic City, New Jersey, overlooking Atlantic City Boardwalk and pier. In a recent announcement, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy revealed the details of a 90-day grace period for mortgage payments for all New Jersey homeowners that have been financially impacted by the outbreak of the coronavirus. This will allow New Jersey residents […]
Manville, NJ Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Manville so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Manville, NJ?
- The average square footage in Manville is around 1,358 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $262,000 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $193.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $262,000
Location: Manville, New Jersey (Somerset County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Manville: $193 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Manville: 1,358 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status||Price per Sq. Ft.||Dwelling Coverage|
|None or Very Minor Improvements||$193||$262,000|
|Some Additional Upgrades||$241||$327,500|
|Major Home Updates or Advancements||$290||$393,000|
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($193) in Manville, New Jersey times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $603,125 (Media price to build of $241 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.