Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Hartford County, CT! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Hartford County, CT Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Getting the afforable homeowners coverage that you want in Hartford County can be difficult with so many options available from local captive agents to the online comparison marketplace. It is important to know that proper coverage means doing the necessary research on your own or speaking with a home insurance professional that can help you find the affordable coverage you need with a carrier you trust. Shopping online with us at GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com of Connecticut allows you to get top quality service from the best insurance carriers available in your area. Our rates can be shared with you online, through email, on the phone or even on our chat mesage service to help make shopping easier for you. It's important you know the coverage options available for your home in Hartford County, that's why our experience staff of over 20+ years can answer any questions that you may have about your current policy. And most of all, we can provide easy ways to help you save more money while getting more protection for your home in case if something happens. Start your online home insurance quote today!
Hartford County, CT Prices Per Year
Connecticut homeowners insurance premiums are on the increase year over year. It's not very often that we witness a decrease in home insurance rates when we compare annual premiums in all 50 states. Currently, Hartford County is ranked higher in the nation with an average annual premium of $1582/yr. When comparing home insurance cost and coverage options, it's important to understand that the base premium for a standard homeowners policy may look great in terms of affordability, but maybe not so helpful in terms of the coverage and protection when you need it the most. Let us help you first compare quotes and then we can provide a free consultation to help you determine the best company and coverage options available in Hartford County.
Coastal Hartford County, CT Home Insurance Rates
For coastal properties, flood protection is crucial for areas like Hartford County that are prone to hurricanes, flooding and tropical storms. We recommend you speak with your home insurance agent if you have questions about your coastal policy coverage. A flood insurance policy is not part of your standard homeowners policy, but can easily be bundled to help give you the added protection you need by combining an HO-3 policy with wind and hail coverage plus flood insurance. We offer an easy way to review the best flood insurance rates for Hartford County, please give us a call at at 1-855-976-2656. If you are only looking for flood insurance only then please contact our flood insurance agent at 1-888-620-1954 for completitive flood insurance rates in Hartford County.
For all Hartford County, CT residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
- Avon, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Berlin, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Bloomfield, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Bristol, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Broad Brook, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Burlington, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Canton, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Collinsville, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- East Berlin, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- East Granby, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- East Hartford, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- East Hartland, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- East Windsor, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Enfield, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Farmington, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Glastonbury, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Granby, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Hartford, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Manchester, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Marion, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Marlborough, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Milldale, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- New Britain, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Newington, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- North Granby, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Plainville, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Plantsville, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Rocky Hill, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Simsbury, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- South Glastonbury, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- South Windsor, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Southington, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Suffield, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Tariffville, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Unionville, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Weatogue, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- West Granby, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- West Hartford, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- West Hartland, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- West Simsbury, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- West Suffield, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Wethersfield, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Windsor, CT Home Insurance Quotes
- Windsor Locks, CT Home Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Hartford County? Simply enter your zip code to get your Connecticut homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Hartford County, CT Housing Demographics
With 894,014 residents living within the Hartford County area there are over 374,249 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 227,831 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Hartford County.
|Total Occupied Households||350,854|
|Family Households (families)||227,831|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||3|
|Average Family Size||3|
|Total Housing Units||374,249|
Hartford County, CT Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
For all homeowners living in Hartford County (FIPS: 9003), it's important to understand that this county is in a coastal area and has great risk of damage due to hurricanes, windstorms, hail and flooding. The wind and hail insurance program provided through the state of Connecticut is the states opportunity to help provide additional wind/hail coverage when insurance companies exclude it from homeowners and other policies sold to coastal residents. You can buy wind and hail insurance coverage through us and we will shop multiple companies to package the best coverage option for you. If you are shopping for quotes in Hartford County, CT, it's important that you look into hurricane and windstorm insurance options.
Hartford County, CT Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of Connecticut, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 10 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Average Rating||Annual Premium|
|Minimum Range:||$777 /yr.|
|Current Average Cost:||$1,193 /yr.|
|Maximum Range:||$1582 /yr.|
Hartford County, CT Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Hartford is a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Connecticut Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Did you know? Your Home Insurance Doesn’t Cover… Posted on Wednesday 29th November, 2023
While homeowners insurance covers a variety of perils and protects your home and personal possessions, it does come with a number of exclusions and coverage gaps that can result in you having to cover the cost of certain damage out of pocket. Let’s have a quick look at what your homeowners policy does and doesn’t […]
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
What Is the 80/20 Rule In Homeowners Insurance? Posted on Wednesday 8th November, 2023
If you are purchasing a home, your lender will require that you carry homeowners insurance to protect their investment in your home. Homeowners coverage will help cover the cost of repairing or replacing your home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril. Covered perils can include items such as a hurricane or […]
Fall 2023: Florida Homeowners Insurance Premium Update Posted on Tuesday 24th October, 2023
Despite the fact that the Florida legislation finally passed a couple of bills to deal with the ever-increasing cost of homeowners insurance, it seems unlikely that premiums will start to fall anytime soon according to a report put out by Karen Clark & Company (KCC), a risk modelling firm. The recent report, titled “Managing Expectations: […]
Are hardwood floors covered by my homeowners insurance? Posted on Friday 20th October, 2023
Hardwood floors can be expensive to repair or replace if they are damaged and a question that many homeowners have is whether or not hardwood floors are covered by their homeowners insurance. The good news is that in most cases, your damage will be covered as long as it is caused by a covered peril. […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Hartford County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your Connecticut homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Hartford County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Hartford County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Hartford County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Hartford County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units||374249|
|Occupied Housing Units||350854|
|Vacant Housing Units||23395|
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent||10519|
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied||403|
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale||3197|
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied||758|
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use||2374|
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants||6144|
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent||1|
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent||8|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units||350854|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied||229920|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population||595918|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size||3|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied||120934|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population||269869|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size||2|