Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Calhoun County, SC! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Calhoun County, SC Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a quick comparison of Calhoun County, SC homeowners insurance quotes to review and compare the best rates today? We can provide up to 12 or more competitive home insurance rates with different coverage options from a basic HO-3 standard homeowner policy to a bundle / packaged discount policy that would include your home and auto grouped together. A basic policy for homeowners living in Calhoun County includes protection against most major perils. If you are in need of earthquake or flood insurance, then we can help you find additional coverage. As you may know, a flood policy is separate from a standard HO-3 policy.
Affordable Calhoun County Rates
Homeowners living in Calhoun County, pay on average around $1327 per year or $110.58 a month for home insurance. Let us help you shop multiple coverage options and provide up to 40% off in discount savings for your home in Calhoun County. Online rate quotes can be easily reviewed by entering your zip code of the property you would like to insure or give us a call now at 1-866-918-3404
For all Calhoun County, SC residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Calhoun County? Simply enter your zip code to get your South Carolina homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Calhoun County, SC Housing Demographics
With 15,175 residents living within the Calhoun County area there are over 7,340 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 4,204 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Calhoun County.
|Total Occupied Households||6,080|
|Family Households (families)||4,204|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||2|
|Average Family Size||3|
|Total Housing Units||7,340|
Calhoun County, SC Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of South Carolina, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 18 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Average Rating||Annual Premium|
|Minimum Range:||$789 /yr.|
|Current Average Cost:||$1,089 /yr.|
|Maximum Range:||$1327 /yr.|
South Carolina Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Coastal South Carolina Home Insurance Rates Posted on Monday 17th April, 2023
South Carolina is an amazing place to call home. It is overflowing with world-class cities, beautiful beaches, museums, and restaurants. It is truly a wonderful place to live. Unfortunately, some of our beautiful coastal cities, Myrtle Beach, Charleston and Hilton Head as an example come with some pretty high homeowners insurance premiums if you live […]
Will my home insurance cover roof replacement? Posted on Saturday 24th December, 2022
The answer to the question “does insurance cover roof replacement,” is not always clear cut. In most cases, it will depend on the reason that your roof needs to be replaced. If your roof has simply reached the end of its life, the cost to replace it will fall to you. On the other hand, […]
Am I underinsured for hurricane damage? Posted on Thursday 26th August, 2021
Tropical Storm Henri hit the Northeast pretty hard over the last week and for many homeowners the pain caused by the storm could just be getting started. Unfortunately, many homeowners may be underinsured or not have the right coverage in place when it comes to tropical storm and hurricane damage. A recent study by Policygenius […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Calhoun County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your South Carolina homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Calhoun County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Calhoun County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Calhoun County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Calhoun County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units||7340|
|Occupied Housing Units||6080|
|Vacant Housing Units||1260|
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent||125|
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied||14|
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale||67|
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied||30|
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use||383|
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants||641|
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent||1|
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent||9|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units||6080|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied||4783|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population||11932|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size||2|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied||1297|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population||3090|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size||2|