Rumney, NH Home Insurance Quotes!
If you move to Rumney, NH, you will join the already 8,652 people that call this beautiful town home. Families in Rumney have an average of 3 people and they live in one of the 884 housing units that line the streets of Rumney.
In our fair city, the majority of households are earning about $54,904, which is the median income in Rumney. One of the very best things about calling Rumney home is the fact that you can buy a house for the average price of $178,300, which makes it a very affordable community.
How much does home insurance cost in Rumney?
Once you have purchased a home, you will need to protect it with a homeowners policy. Lucky for you, Rumney is a very affordable town with an average homeowners insurance premium of $527 per year compared to the city average of $777/yr. Rumney homeowners in more expensive homes with a heated square footage of more than 2,500 sq. ft. are paying around $1,077 a year because the dwelling coverage is more expensive to replace.
Coverage Guide for Rumney Homeowners
One thing to consider when buying home insurance is the type of policy you need. There are different policy types that are each designed for the specific type of home that you may own. For example do you own or rent the home? Is the home a single family home, duplex or condo? These are all imporant questions that change the coverage level of the policy you may need to get the right coverage. Here is a brief description of each of the different homeowner policy types that are available to you:
- Homeowners 3 (HO-3): The most common of all homeowner insurance types is the HO-3 policy. The majority of homeowners in Rumney are most likely carrying this policy type. It protects your home against every peril except ones that are excluded specifically in the policy.
It should be noted that all HO-3 policies exclude earthquake and flooding damage.
- Homeowners 4 (HO-4): You probably know this policy type by its more familiar name, “renters insurance.” This will cover the personal property in the apartment as well as offering liability coverage for you in the event that some trips and fall or is otherwise injured in your apartment.
- Homeowners 5 (HO-5): This policy type is an upgraded HO-3. While more expensive than an HO-3 policy it also offers more coverage. These policies are not available on all homes, they are usually reserved for newer houses that fall in higher price brackets.
One of the major differences with this policy type is that your personal property is covered by all perils that are not named as exclusions. An HO-3 policy on the other hand only protects your personal property against a certain list of perils.
The majority of these policies also offer replacement value as standard coverage on personal property compared to fair market value which takes deprecation into account when calculating the value of your damaged or destroyed property.
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Rumney, NH!
Get up to 12 competitive Rumney, NH homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby Rumney
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Rumney? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Ashland, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Bath, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Bethlehem, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Bristol, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Campton, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Canaan, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Enfield, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Etna, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Franconia, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Glencliff, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Grafton, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Hanover, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Haverhill, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Hebron, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Holderness, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Lebanon, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Lincoln, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Lisbon, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Littleton, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Lyme, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Monroe, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- North Haverhill, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- North Woodstock, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Orford, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Piermont, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Pike, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Plymouth, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Sugar Hill, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Thornton, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Warren, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Waterville Valley, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Wentworth, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- West Lebanon, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Woodstock, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Woodsville, NH Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Rumney, NH
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Rumney.
Rumney, NH Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Rumney, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|1800 sq. ft. or below
|2600 sq. ft. or higher
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Rumney, NH?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Rumney is around $777 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Rumney, NH?
- • Homeowners in Rumney pay an average cost per month around $65.00 for insurance coverage.
Rumney, NH - 2023 Housing Information
|Current Home Value (2023)
|Last Year Home Value (2022)
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Rumney home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Rumney
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Rumney, NH homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Rumney Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Rumney homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Rumney area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for New Hampshire homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|This is the average home elevation in Rumney, NH
Did you know that the elevation in which your home resides is crucial to a home insurance policy because it determines the risk factor related to your home being in a flood zone. It is important to understand that your home is not covered for floods under a standard homeowners policy. You will need to speak with a local New Hampshire flood insurance agent about a flood insurance policy, please give us a call now at 888-620-1954.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Rumney, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Grafton County.
New Hampshire Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Florida has 7 New Home Insurance Companies Entering the Market Posted on Friday 1st March, 2024
Recently, Florida has seen seven new insurance companies enter the market for homeowners coverage. Currently, the average premium for homeowners coverage is $6,000 a year in the Sunshine state compared to a nationwide average of just $1,700 a year, according to the Insurance Information Institute. The Insurance Information Institute is hopeful that the new insurance […]
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
NC Residents Speak Against 42% Rate Increase Requested by Rate Bureau Posted on Tuesday 13th February, 2024
During a recent public comment session held by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, dozens of North Carolina residents spoke out against an average rate increase of 42% that the North Carolina Rate Bureau is requesting. The Rate Bureau represents insurance companies in the state and earlier this year requested average rate increases of 42%. […]
Is Homeowners Insurance Part of Your New Years Resolution? Posted on Wednesday 31st January, 2024
The New Year is here for 2024, and you have probably made a list of resolutions involving everything from eating better to losing a bit of weight. One thing that should be on everyone’s list is a review and update of their homeowners policy. The beginning of the year is a great time to pull […]
North Carolina: 2024 Homeowners Insurance Rate Increase Proposed Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Recently, the North Carolina Rate Bureau requested that the N.C. Department of Insurance allow increases to homeowners’ insurance rates by an average of 42.2 percent. If the NCDOI agrees, the proposed rates will go into effect Aug. 1. However, it is also possible that the NCDOI will not agree to the increase and deny the […]
Rumney, NH Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Rumney so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Rumney, NH?
- The average square footage in Rumney is around 1,037 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $178,300 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $172.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $178,300
Location: Rumney, New Hampshire (Grafton County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Rumney: $172 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Rumney: 1,037 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status
|Price per Sq. Ft.
|None or Very Minor Improvements
|Some Additional Upgrades
|Major Home Updates or Advancements
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($172) in Rumney, New Hampshire times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $537,500 (Media price to build of $215 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.