Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Barrow County, GA! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Barrow County, GA Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Barrow County homeowners insurance can protect your home from damages due to fires, lightning, theft, falling objects and even vandalism under a basic Georgia homeowners policy.
Basic Coverage Protection and Rates
For a basic standard homeowners policy in Barrow County also referred to as an HO-3 policy, you are looking at paying around $116.92 per month. Most homeowners pay annually for home insurance which is estimated to be around $1403 per year. Barrow County home insurance rates drastically depend on the home insurance company you choose. We can help you compare up to 12 major carriers, which will allow us to get the most competitive rate possible saving you up to 40% or more. Our quoting process also likes to work with you to provide every available discount and credit offered to you, the homeowner. More importantly, cheaper rates sometimes means cheaper coverage and a lack of protection for your home and family. The ideal policy, is one with outstanding coverage so you are insured properly but it also has to be affordable. Most homeowners living in Georgia enjoy the benefits of lower rates, but every homeowner enjoys the comfort and protection when you need to count on your insurance company the most. Let us help shop the best Barrow County homeowners policy for you.
For all Barrow County, GA residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Barrow County? Simply enter your zip code to get your Georgia homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Barrow County, GA Housing Demographics
With 69,367 residents living within the Barrow County area there are over 26,400 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 18,214 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Barrow County.
|Total Occupied Households||23,971|
|Family Households (families)||18,214|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||3|
|Average Family Size||3|
|Total Housing Units||26,400|
Barrow County, GA Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of Georgia, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 15 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Average Rating||Annual Premium|
|Minimum Range:||$635 /yr.|
|Current Average Cost:||$989 /yr.|
|Maximum Range:||$1403 /yr.|
Georgia Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Homeowners Prepare for Rate Increases Later This Year Posted on Monday 27th June, 2022
In most states, home insurance rates are headed up this year and homeowners should be prepared for further rate increases before the end of the year. According to a recent S&P Global Market Intelligence report, over 177 insurance carriers have filed requests for rate increases in 43 states, Arizona alone has seen 34 rate increase requests. […]
Hurricane Isaias is on the same track as Hurricane Dorian – What can we expect? Posted on Wednesday 5th August, 2020
Hurricane Isaias is on roughly the same track as Hurricane Dorian and is the first hurricane to hit the Bahamas since Dorian stalled over the islands as a Category 5 monster killing dozens of people and causing massive destruction. Here is a quick overview of both storms as well as a few tips on how […]
Georgia Coastal Home Insurance Coverage & Rates Posted on Wednesday 2nd October, 2019
Windstorm insurance is not a required coverage in Georgia, but if you live on the coast, it is certainly an insurance you should consider. In many coastal areas your mortgage lender will require that you carry a windstorm policy to make sure your home (and their investment) is full protected. Windstorm policies are designed to […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Barrow County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your Georgia homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Barrow County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Barrow County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Barrow County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Barrow County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units||26400|
|Occupied Housing Units||23971|
|Vacant Housing Units||2429|
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent||667|
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied||20|
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale||767|
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied||87|
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use||87|
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants||801|
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent||4|
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent||11|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units||23971|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied||18495|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population||52833|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size||3|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied||5476|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population||16245|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size||3|