Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Alachua County, FL! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Alachua County, FL Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a quick comparison of Alachua County, FL homeowners insurance quotes to review and compare the best rates today? We can provide up to 12 or more competitive home insurance rates with different coverage options from a basic HO-3 standard homeowner policy to a bundle / packaged discount policy that would include your home and auto grouped together. A basic policy for homeowners living in Alachua County includes protection against most major perils. If you are in need of earthquake or flood insurance, then we can help you find additional coverage. As you may know, a flood policy is separate from a standard HO-3 policy.
Affordable Alachua County Rates
Homeowners living in Alachua County, pay on average around $2165 per year or $180.42 a month for home insurance. Let us help you shop multiple coverage options and provide up to 40% off in discount savings for your home in Alachua County. Online rate quotes can be easily reviewed by entering your zip code of the property you would like to insure or give us a call now at 1-888-685-4704
For all Alachua County, FL residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
- Alachua, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Archer, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Earleton, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Gainesville, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Hawthorne, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- High Springs, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- La Crosse, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Micanopy, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Newberry, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Waldo, FL Home Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Alachua County? Simply enter your zip code to get your Florida homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Alachua County, FL Housing Demographics
With 247,336 residents living within the Alachua County area there are over 112,766 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 53,500 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Alachua County.
|Total Occupied Households||100,516|
|Family Households (families)||53,500|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||2|
|Average Family Size||3|
|Total Housing Units||112,766|
Alachua County, FL Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of Florida, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 1 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Average Rating||Annual Premium|
|Minimum Range:||$929 /yr.|
|Current Average Cost:||$1,735 /yr.|
|Maximum Range:||$2165 /yr.|
Florida Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
Fall 2023: Florida Homeowners Insurance Premium Update Posted on Tuesday 24th October, 2023
Despite the fact that the Florida legislation finally passed a couple of bills to deal with the ever-increasing cost of homeowners insurance, it seems unlikely that premiums will start to fall anytime soon according to a report put out by Karen Clark & Company (KCC), a risk modelling firm. The recent report, titled “Managing Expectations: […]
Citizens Property Sends Out Letters Posted on Wednesday 27th September, 2023
Soon, hundreds of thousands of Citizens Property Insurance Company policyholders will be getting a letter in their mailbox asking them to move their policy to a private insurance company and away from Citizens, the state-backed insurer of last resort. Citizens Property is using the letters as part of its “Depopulation” effort that was approved by […]
5 New Homeowners Insurance Companies Step into the Florida Insurance Market Posted on Wednesday 27th September, 2023
Florida’s property insurance disaster may be taking baby steps in the right direction as five new insurers step into the Florida market, taking over hundreds of thousands from Citizens Property, Florida’s insurer of last resort. This could lead to more insurance options for residents of the Sunshine State soon. The five companies in the mix […]
Why is Florida homeowners insurance so expensive? Posted on Friday 22nd September, 2023
Homeowner insurance premiums are dramatically heading up this year, particularly in states that are prone to natural disasters. According to a new report from Policygenius, the average homeowner policy went up 21% nationally which is on top of a 12% increase that homeowners endured last year. As usual, Florida is at the top of the […]
2023 Hurricane Idalia – Clean Up Begins & What Now for Florida Homeowners Posted on Friday 8th September, 2023
Hurricane Idalia recently made landfall in Big Bend as a Category 3 storm, killing at least three people in Florida before moving onto Georgia and other East Coast states before it weakened into a tropical storm. The storm left over 330,000 people without power. In recent years, Florida communities have been hit by a string […]
Experts See Optimism About Florida’s Homeowners Insurance Market Posted on Thursday 31st August, 2023
While it may sound too good to be true, according to industry experts, there is finally a bit of optimism about Florida’s homeowners insurance market. While they don’t foresee rates dropping anytime soon, they are hopeful that the insurance market is stabilizing which could lead to minor rate drops next year or at least a […]
Florida Insurers to Take Policies from Citizens Property Posted on Tuesday 22nd August, 2023
Starting in October, private insurance companies may start pulling customers from the state backed, insurer of last resort, Citizens Property Insurance Corp. According to a recent report, Insurance Commissioner Michael Yaworsky has approved private insurers to take up to 184,000 policies from Citizens Property. Yaworsky signed orders that will approve proposals by a variety of […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Alachua County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your Florida homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Alachua County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Alachua County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Alachua County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Alachua County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units||112766|
|Occupied Housing Units||100516|
|Vacant Housing Units||12250|
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent||6477|
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied||189|
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale||1783|
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied||237|
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use||1042|
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants||2522|
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent||3|
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent||12|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units||100516|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied||54768|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population||131732|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size||2|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied||45748|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population||101684|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size||2|