Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Santa Clara County, CA! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Santa Clara County, CA Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Santa Clara County (CA) homeowners are now averaging around $103.42 per month for homeowners insurance coverage. For California, this amounts to $1241 per year for a standard (HO-3) home insurance policy. When you compare the national average, rates are around 1,249 per year. California is now ranked #24 in the country for the highest paid home insurance rates. Would you like to get up to 12 free home insurance quotes for your home in Santa Clara County, CA so you can save up to fourty percent or more? If so, we look forward to working with you and providing a excellent home insurance shopping experience. You can easily compare rates by giving us a call now or enter your zip code to start our hassle free online quoting application. With some basic information about your home, we can help you review which carrier has the best rate and which policy per insurance provider has the best coverage. There is a big difference when it comes to protecting your home when you need it the most. Financial protection for repairs or rebuilding your home is crucial and so a cheaper rate may not always be the best decision when you need to count on an insurance provider to help you coverage financial loss due to a wind storm, hail, hurricanes or even flooding. Although, flooding is not covered under a basic policy, we can help you enhance your coverage to help add that extra protection. Let us help you shop your new home insurance policy today!
For all Santa Clara County, CA residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
- Alviso, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Campbell, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Cupertino, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Gilroy, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Los Altos, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Los Gatos, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Milpitas, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Morgan Hill, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Mount Hamilton, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Mountain View, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Palo Alto, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- San Jose, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- San Martin, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Santa Clara, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Saratoga, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Stanford, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Sunnyvale, CA Home Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Santa Clara County? Simply enter your zip code to get your California homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Santa Clara County, CA Housing Demographics
With 1,781,642 residents living within the Santa Clara County area there are over 631,920 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 426,824 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Santa Clara County.
|Total Occupied Households
|Family Households (families)
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size
|Average Family Size
|Total Housing Units
Santa Clara County, CA Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
For all homeowners living in Santa Clara County (FIPS: 6085), it's important to understand that this county is in a coastal area and has great risk of damage due to hurricanes, windstorms, hail and flooding. The wind and hail insurance program provided through the state of California is the states opportunity to help provide additional wind/hail coverage when insurance companies exclude it from homeowners and other policies sold to coastal residents. You can buy wind and hail insurance coverage through us and we will shop multiple companies to package the best coverage option for you. If you are shopping for quotes in Santa Clara County, CA, it's important that you look into hurricane and windstorm insurance options.
Santa Clara County boarders a shoreline which increases the risk of wind, hail and flood damage. We will look into providing the best rates possible considering your home is located in the coastal area of California.
Santa Clara County, CA Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of California, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 24 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Current Average Cost:
Santa Clara County, CA Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Santa Clara is a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood Zone Notice: The beautiful coastal county of Santa Clara is know for it's beautiful beaches and waterways. Because Santa Clara County (FIPS: 6085) has a shoreline and is in a coastal area it is important to purchase flood insurance. The risk is very high in this area and we will work with you to provide the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in Santa Clara County.
California Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
What exactly is a FAIR Plan? Posted on Tuesday 2nd January, 2024
If you live in an area where severe weather is common, or wildfires pop up every summer you may have trouble finding affordable home insurance coverage. If homes in your area are repeatedly damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, insurers may pull out of the entire area, refusing to write policies in your neighborhood. […]
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
2023 – California’s recent storms – Is my home covered by insurance? Posted on Tuesday 10th January, 2023
California has recently been hit by a shocking amount of punishing winter weather that has triggered flooding as well as mudslides across vast areas of the state. The weather has led to evacuation orders as well as damaged homes. Unfortunately, for many homeowners, the damage may not be covered by their homeowners insurance. In most […]
2022 Future Housing Market Preview by Fed Chairman Powell Posted on Friday 1st July, 2022
Many of us are concerned about how the housing market will fare as interest rates head up and a looming recession takes hold. Will home values crash as they did during the Great Recession or will they simply stop rising and settle in at their current values. While no one can predict the future, Fed […]
Homeowners Prepare for Rate Increases Later This Year Posted on Monday 27th June, 2022
In most states, home insurance rates are headed up this year and homeowners should be prepared for further rate increases before the end of the year. According to a recent S&P Global Market Intelligence report, over 177 insurance carriers have filed requests for rate increases in 43 states, Arizona alone has seen 34 rate increase requests. […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Santa Clara County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your California homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Santa Clara County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Santa Clara County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Santa Clara County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Santa Clara County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units
|Occupied Housing Units
|Vacant Housing Units
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size