Get West Kingston, RI Home Insurance Rates!
Getting multile quote comparisons from us at GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com for your home in West Kingston, RI is super easy. Our free quoting process allows you to compare up to 12 competitive rates all in one place. Easily save up to 40% or more, get quotes online now or Call 855-976-2656.
Questions about your home in West Kingston:
How many people live in West Kingston?
The total city area population for West Kingston, RI is around 14,964.
How many total housing units?
The total homes in the city of West Kingston is 1,807 housing units.
What is the average West Kingston household income?
The average income in the West Kingston area is around $111,895.
How much do the homes in West Kingston cost on average?
The average cost of a home in West Kingston is estimated to be around $327,500.
What do West Kingston homeowners pay on average for home insurance coverage?
Home insurance cost around $1,788 per year on average in the West Kingston area, this average is based on a $200K real estate value with a standard HO-3 policy. We help you compare rates and coverage options so you can review the best rate and policy for your home.
What is a basic home insurance policy in West Kingston cover?
A standard homeowners insurance polciy in West Kingston, RI is commonly known as an HO-3 policy that covers damage from all perils except those that are not covered or excluded from your coverage, exclusions are clearly documented and writting within your policy. For example, flood or earthquake coverage is not part of a standard HO-3 policy.
I live in the old part or historical district of West Kingston, can I get insurance for my home?
Older homes in West Kingston can be covered, your agent will shop policies under the HO-8 policy guidelines which will allow you to review multiple quotes from carriers that specialize in insuring older houses.
From the questions above, you can understand that a West Kingston homeowners insurance policy can be complicated. We are here to help you shop the best home insurance prices and answer any questions you have about which homeowners policy is best for you. Get West Kingston home insurance rate quotes today!
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in West Kingston, RI!
Get up to 12 competitive West Kingston, RI homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby West Kingston
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near West Kingston? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Ashaway, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Block Island, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Bradford, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Carolina, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Charlestown, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Exeter, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Hope Valley, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Hopkinton, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Kenyon, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Kingston, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Narragansett, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- North Kingstown, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Rockville, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Saunderstown, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Shannock, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Wakefield, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Westerly, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Wood River Junction, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Wyoming, RI Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in West Kingston, RI
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in West Kingston.
West Kingston, RI Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of West Kingston, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|1800 sq. ft. or below
|2600 sq. ft. or higher
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in West Kingston, RI?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in West Kingston is around $1287 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in West Kingston, RI?
- • Homeowners in West Kingston pay an average cost per month around $107.00 for insurance coverage.
West Kingston, RI Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
West Kingston is located in a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood Zone Notice: The beautiful coastal city of West Kingston is know for it's beautiful beaches and waterways. Because Washington County (FIPS: 44009) has a shoreline and is in a coastal area it is important to purchase flood insurance. The risk is very high in this area and we will work with you to provide the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in West Kingston, RI.
West Kingston, RI - 2023 Housing Information
|Current Home Value (2023)
|Last Year Home Value (2022)
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your West Kingston home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in West Kingston
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive West Kingston, RI homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on West Kingston Home Insurance
A great way to save money on West Kingston homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the West Kingston area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for Rhode Island homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|This is the average home elevation in West Kingston, RI
» Elevation is crucial to a homeowners insurance policy because it determines the risk of your home being in a flood zone which is particularly important in a coastal state such as West Kingston, Rhode Island.
A standard homeowners policy does not cover flood damage. If you live in a flood prone area, you will need to purchase a separate flood to fully protect your home.
Flood insurance can be purchased via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or in the private market. NFIP policies come with coverage caps and other restrictions so you may need to supplement your flood insurance coverage with a private market policy.
It's important to remember that flooding occurs in low and moderate risk areas as well. According to FEMA data, almost 25% of all flood claims come from low to moderate-risk areas.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in West Kingston, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Washington County.
Rhode Island Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Florida has 7 New Home Insurance Companies Entering the Market Posted on Friday 1st March, 2024
Recently, Florida has seen seven new insurance companies enter the market for homeowners coverage. Currently, the average premium for homeowners coverage is $6,000 a year in the Sunshine state compared to a nationwide average of just $1,700 a year, according to the Insurance Information Institute. The Insurance Information Institute is hopeful that the new insurance […]
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
NC Residents Speak Against 42% Rate Increase Requested by Rate Bureau Posted on Tuesday 13th February, 2024
During a recent public comment session held by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, dozens of North Carolina residents spoke out against an average rate increase of 42% that the North Carolina Rate Bureau is requesting. The Rate Bureau represents insurance companies in the state and earlier this year requested average rate increases of 42%. […]
Is Homeowners Insurance Part of Your New Years Resolution? Posted on Wednesday 31st January, 2024
The New Year is here for 2024, and you have probably made a list of resolutions involving everything from eating better to losing a bit of weight. One thing that should be on everyone’s list is a review and update of their homeowners policy. The beginning of the year is a great time to pull […]
North Carolina: 2024 Homeowners Insurance Rate Increase Proposed Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Recently, the North Carolina Rate Bureau requested that the N.C. Department of Insurance allow increases to homeowners’ insurance rates by an average of 42.2 percent. If the NCDOI agrees, the proposed rates will go into effect Aug. 1. However, it is also possible that the NCDOI will not agree to the increase and deny the […]
West Kingston, RI Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in West Kingston so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in West Kingston, RI?
- The average square footage in West Kingston is around 1,560 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $327,500 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $210.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $327,500
Location: West Kingston, Rhode Island (Washington County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in West Kingston: $210 (low end)
Average Square Footage in West Kingston: 1,560 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status
|Price per Sq. Ft.
|None or Very Minor Improvements
|Some Additional Upgrades
|Major Home Updates or Advancements
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($210) in West Kingston, Rhode Island times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $656,250 (Media price to build of $263 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.