Get Coventry, RI Home Insurance Rates!
Are you looking for new homeowners insurance in Coventry?
We can help, our website helps you shop up to 12 Rhode Island insurance rates in your area. We can help save both time and money while also making sure your home is fully protected.
For a quick insurance quote for your home in Coventry enter your zip code above. Our process is simple and quick, you only need to answer a few questions to start the quote process.
Get your Coventry home insurance quote today or give us a call: 1-855-976-2656.
A few facts about Coventry, RI Home Insurance Rates
In Coventry RI, the average home insurance rate is $1,788 per year. Rhode Island is currently #5 most expensive state in the country when it comes to homeowners insurance. Premiums in Rhode Island are dramatically higher than the national average in the U.S which is around $1,311. In Coventry, RI most residents will pay $149 a month for homeowners insurance.
We can help you save up to 40% or more when shopping for homeowners coverage.
Discounts can help keep your insurance affordable
Insurers offers tons of different discounts, and they are a great way to keep your premium affordable. We will make sure that all available discounts are being applied to your policy. Here are a few of the more common discounts that insurers offer:
- Bundling: This is a major discount that insurers offer to Coventry customers who carry multiple lines of coverage with them. If you are carrying homeowners coverage and car insurance (or any other insurance for that matter) with the same insurer you should receive a discount. Discounts can range up to 20 percent so it can be well worth it.
- Loyalty Discount: Insurance companies value their long-term customers and are happy to give them a discount. Once you have been with the same insurer for three years or more, consider asking for a loyalty discount.
- Monitored alarm systems: Insurers love alarm systems and offer a discount if you have a monitored alarm system in your home. Once your system is installed, ask your insurer for a discount. Discounts can range up to 15 percent.
- Impact-resistant roofs: In Rhode Island storms are very common and can sometimes be extreme, so having an impact-resistant roof will usually result in a discount on your insurance premium. If you are in the market for a new roof, consider upgrading to an impact and wind resistant roof.
- Pay in full: If you can afford to pay your annual premium in one lump sum your insurer will usually offer a small discount. While the discount may only run to 5 percent, they all add up.
Coventry Flood Insurance and Windstorm Coverage
Coventry is a coastal community that is often at risk from windstorms and other severe weather. In these types of areas, it is a good idea to carry wind and hail coverage. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood damage is another peril that Rhode Island homeowners must deal with due to our extreme weather and sea level elevation. Unfortunately, a standard homeowners policy excludes flood coverage.
In order to fully protect your home, you should consider purchasing a separate flood insurance policy. We are happy to work with you to find the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in Coventry. For flood insurance only in Coventry, RI, please call us at 888-620-1954!
Top 5 Helpful Savings Tips for Coventry Homeowners
Below are some great saving tips when looking to buy home insurance.
- FAQ: What is a Coventry, RI Homeowners Insurance Policy?
- FAQ: What does a replacement cost coverage and actual cash value mean for my home in Coventry, RI?
- This home insurance calculator will calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Coventry, RI so you know what type of home insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost.
- Here are the top five homeowners insurance discounts that you may not be aware of in Rhode Island
- Here are the top 3 home insurance credits available to homeowners.
Coventry Demographics & Housing Facts
|Coventry, RI (KENT County)
|Average Real Estate Value Per Zip Code:
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Coventry, RI!
Get up to 12 competitive Coventry, RI homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby Coventry
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Coventry? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- East Greenwich, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Greene, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- Warwick, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- West Greenwich, RI Home Insurance Quotes
- West Warwick, RI Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Coventry, RI
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Coventry.
Coventry, RI Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Coventry, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|1800 sq. ft. or below
|2600 sq. ft. or higher
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Coventry, RI?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Coventry is around $1350 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Coventry, RI?
- • Homeowners in Coventry pay an average cost per month around $113.00 for insurance coverage.
Coventry, RI Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Coventry is located in a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood Zone Notice: The beautiful coastal city of Coventry is know for it's beautiful beaches and waterways. Because Kent County (FIPS: 44003) has a shoreline and is in a coastal area it is important to purchase flood insurance. The risk is very high in this area and we will work with you to provide the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in Coventry, RI.
Coventry, RI - 2023 Housing Information
|Current Home Value (2023)
|Last Year Home Value (2022)
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Coventry home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Coventry
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Coventry, RI homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Coventry Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Coventry homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Coventry area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for Rhode Island homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|This is the average home elevation in Coventry, RI
» Elevation is crucial to a homeowners insurance policy because it determines the risk of your home being in a flood zone which is particularly important in a coastal state such as Coventry, Rhode Island.
A standard homeowners policy does not cover flood damage. If you live in a flood prone area, you will need to purchase a separate flood to fully protect your home.
Flood insurance can be purchased via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or in the private market. NFIP policies come with coverage caps and other restrictions so you may need to supplement your flood insurance coverage with a private market policy.
It's important to remember that flooding occurs in low and moderate risk areas as well. According to FEMA data, almost 25% of all flood claims come from low to moderate-risk areas.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Coventry, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Kent County.
Rhode Island Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Florida has 7 New Home Insurance Companies Entering the Market Posted on Friday 1st March, 2024
Recently, Florida has seen seven new insurance companies enter the market for homeowners coverage. Currently, the average premium for homeowners coverage is $6,000 a year in the Sunshine state compared to a nationwide average of just $1,700 a year, according to the Insurance Information Institute. The Insurance Information Institute is hopeful that the new insurance […]
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
NC Residents Speak Against 42% Rate Increase Requested by Rate Bureau Posted on Tuesday 13th February, 2024
During a recent public comment session held by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, dozens of North Carolina residents spoke out against an average rate increase of 42% that the North Carolina Rate Bureau is requesting. The Rate Bureau represents insurance companies in the state and earlier this year requested average rate increases of 42%. […]
Is Homeowners Insurance Part of Your New Years Resolution? Posted on Wednesday 31st January, 2024
The New Year is here for 2024, and you have probably made a list of resolutions involving everything from eating better to losing a bit of weight. One thing that should be on everyone’s list is a review and update of their homeowners policy. The beginning of the year is a great time to pull […]
North Carolina: 2024 Homeowners Insurance Rate Increase Proposed Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Recently, the North Carolina Rate Bureau requested that the N.C. Department of Insurance allow increases to homeowners’ insurance rates by an average of 42.2 percent. If the NCDOI agrees, the proposed rates will go into effect Aug. 1. However, it is also possible that the NCDOI will not agree to the increase and deny the […]
Coventry, RI Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Coventry so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Coventry, RI?
- The average square footage in Coventry is around 1,125 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $236,300 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $210.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $236,300
Location: Coventry, Rhode Island (Kent County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Coventry: $210 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Coventry: 1,125 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status
|Price per Sq. Ft.
|None or Very Minor Improvements
|Some Additional Upgrades
|Major Home Updates or Advancements
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($210) in Coventry, Rhode Island times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $656,250 (Media price to build of $263 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.