Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Marion County, MO! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Marion County, MO Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Are you shopping for homeowners insurance for your Marion County MO home? We can help you find the best rates and coverage options available at GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com. We provide up to 12 comparison quotes from the most competitive top-rated home insurance companies available in Missouri. Our agents specialize in the best rates for Marion County and have over 20+ years of experience. We are ready to help you take advantage of our free consulation so you can review the most affordable home policies available, with the best dwelling and liability coverage plans. Protecting your home from hurricanes, lightning and fires is important to every homeowner. But that's not all your homeowners policy is limited to, ask our agents what coverage is the right fit for you. We have a variety of options to choose from to make sure your home and family are safe.
Average Rates in Marion County
Did you know the average home insurance premium for the state of Missouri is $1301 a year. That's $108.42 a month in home insurance cost. Now depending on if this average premium is higher or lower than what you are currently paying, it's also smart to keep in mind who your current insurance carrier is and what type of coverage you currently have available for your home in Marion County. We can help you save up to 40% by applying all the available discounts and credits, plus shopping your coverage with up to 12 different home insurance providers that currently have competitive rates in Marion County MO. Simply give us a call now at 1-913-276-4017
For all Marion County, MO residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Marion County? Simply enter your zip code to get your Missouri homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Marion County, MO Housing Demographics
With 28,781 residents living within the Marion County area there are over 12,826 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 7,483 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Marion County.
|Total Occupied Households||11,377|
|Family Households (families)||7,483|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||3|
|Average Family Size||3|
|Total Housing Units||12,826|
Marion County, MO Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of Missouri, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 20 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Average Rating||Annual Premium|
|Minimum Range:||$688 /yr.|
|Current Average Cost:||$1,041 /yr.|
|Maximum Range:||$1383 /yr.|
Missouri Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Did you know? Your Home Insurance Doesn’t Cover… Posted on Wednesday 29th November, 2023
While homeowners insurance covers a variety of perils and protects your home and personal possessions, it does come with a number of exclusions and coverage gaps that can result in you having to cover the cost of certain damage out of pocket. Let’s have a quick look at what your homeowners policy does and doesn’t […]
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
What Is the 80/20 Rule In Homeowners Insurance? Posted on Wednesday 8th November, 2023
If you are purchasing a home, your lender will require that you carry homeowners insurance to protect their investment in your home. Homeowners coverage will help cover the cost of repairing or replacing your home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril. Covered perils can include items such as a hurricane or […]
Fall 2023: Florida Homeowners Insurance Premium Update Posted on Tuesday 24th October, 2023
Despite the fact that the Florida legislation finally passed a couple of bills to deal with the ever-increasing cost of homeowners insurance, it seems unlikely that premiums will start to fall anytime soon according to a report put out by Karen Clark & Company (KCC), a risk modelling firm. The recent report, titled “Managing Expectations: […]
Are hardwood floors covered by my homeowners insurance? Posted on Friday 20th October, 2023
Hardwood floors can be expensive to repair or replace if they are damaged and a question that many homeowners have is whether or not hardwood floors are covered by their homeowners insurance. The good news is that in most cases, your damage will be covered as long as it is caused by a covered peril. […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Marion County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your Missouri homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Marion County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Marion County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Marion County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Marion County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units||12826|
|Occupied Housing Units||11377|
|Vacant Housing Units||1449|
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent||377|
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied||23|
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale||178|
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied||65|
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use||235|
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants||571|
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent||2|
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent||9|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units||11377|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied||7551|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population||18898|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size||3|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied||3826|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population||8515|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size||2|