Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Monroe County, GA! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Monroe County, GA Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a quick comparison of Monroe County, GA homeowners insurance quotes to review and compare the best rates today? We can provide up to 12 or more competitive home insurance rates with different coverage options from a basic HO-3 standard homeowner policy to a bundle / packaged discount policy that would include your home and auto grouped together. A basic policy for homeowners living in Monroe County includes protection against most major perils. If you are in need of earthquake or flood insurance, then we can help you find additional coverage. As you may know, a flood policy is separate from a standard HO-3 policy.
Affordable Monroe County Rates
Homeowners living in Monroe County, pay on average around $1403 per year or $116.92 a month for home insurance. Let us help you shop multiple coverage options and provide up to 40% off in discount savings for your home in Monroe County. Online rate quotes can be easily reviewed by entering your zip code of the property you would like to insure or give us a call now at 1-855-976-2656
For all Monroe County, GA residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Monroe County? Simply enter your zip code to get your Georgia homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Monroe County, GA Housing Demographics
With 26,424 residents living within the Monroe County area there are over 10,710 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 7,157 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Monroe County.
|Total Occupied Households||9,662|
|Family Households (families)||7,157|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||3|
|Average Family Size||3|
|Total Housing Units||10,710|
Monroe County, GA Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of Georgia, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 15 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Average Rating||Annual Premium|
|Minimum Range:||$635 /yr.|
|Current Average Cost:||$989 /yr.|
|Maximum Range:||$1403 /yr.|
Georgia Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Homeowners Prepare for Rate Increases Later This Year Posted on Monday 27th June, 2022
In most states, home insurance rates are headed up this year and homeowners should be prepared for further rate increases before the end of the year. According to a recent S&P Global Market Intelligence report, over 177 insurance carriers have filed requests for rate increases in 43 states, Arizona alone has seen 34 rate increase requests. […]
Hurricane Isaias is on the same track as Hurricane Dorian – What can we expect? Posted on Wednesday 5th August, 2020
Hurricane Isaias is on roughly the same track as Hurricane Dorian and is the first hurricane to hit the Bahamas since Dorian stalled over the islands as a Category 5 monster killing dozens of people and causing massive destruction. Here is a quick overview of both storms as well as a few tips on how […]
Georgia Coastal Home Insurance Coverage & Rates Posted on Wednesday 2nd October, 2019
Windstorm insurance is not a required coverage in Georgia, but if you live on the coast, it is certainly an insurance you should consider. In many coastal areas your mortgage lender will require that you carry a windstorm policy to make sure your home (and their investment) is full protected. Windstorm policies are designed to […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Monroe County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your Georgia homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Monroe County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Monroe County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Monroe County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Monroe County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units||10710|
|Occupied Housing Units||9662|
|Vacant Housing Units||1048|
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent||219|
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied||4|
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale||137|
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied||34|
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use||186|
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants||468|
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent||2|
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent||9|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units||9662|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied||7494|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population||19778|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size||3|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied||2168|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population||5438|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size||3|