Get Rocky Ford, CO Home Insurance Rates!
If you are shopping for a new homeowners insurance policy in Rocky Ford, Colorado you are in the right spot.
Our website was designed to help you find a great policy that offers robust coverage at a price you can afford, all from the comfort of your couch. Our online quoting process is quick and easy, it allows you to shop 12 different nationwide insurance companies. Our insurance partners are nationwide insurers that offer a wide variety of coverage options at an affordable price.
Simply enter your zip code above, answer a few questions and we will get to work finding your new Rocky Ford homeowners insurance policy.
A Few Facts about Rocky Ford and Colorado Home Insurance Rates
The average premium for a standard HO-3 policy in Rocky Ford, CO is around $1,667 a year, not including wind and hail coverage, earthquak or flood insurance. You can easily compare your current home insurance rate to the state average or the current national average which is $1,311.
Luckily, homes in Rocky Ford are pretty affordable with the average home price coming in at $82,000 which means you don’t have to carry as much insurance to fully protect your home, this helps keep your premium affordable.
We can help you find more affordable homeowners insurance within or near the Rocky Ford area by shopping your coverage with a variety of national insurance companies. It’s quick and easy. Start your quote now.
Rocky Ford and Homeowners Insurance
We know that shopping for homeowners coverage is never simple or fun but we can help make the process much easier. While our process is easy, we never cut corners and will take the time to review your insurance needs, explain the various coverages to you and make sure your home is fully protected against all perils.
Our process also makes sure you are getting all available home insurance discounts, and in many cases, we can help you save up to 40% on your current rates.
Our agents are available nearby and can answer any questions you may have about coverages or policy details; our goal is to make sure you fully understand your policy and all your questions have been answered before you sign on the dotted line.
Less Known Homeowner Insurance CoveragesWhile most homeowners are aware of the most common homeowner insurance coverages like dwelling and liability, many policies offer additional protections you may not be familiar with but that offer essential protection. Here is a quick rundown of a few of the lesser known coverages:
- Other Structures: This coverage will protect all other structures on your property that are not your house. This means that if you have a shed, barn, other outbuildings on your property, they are protected under this coverage. It also covers fencing or any other structures on your property that are detached from your home.
It should be noted that other structures coverage is typically capped at 10 percent of your dwelling coverage. This means that if you are carrying $400,000 in dwelling coverage your other structures coverage is $40,000.
- Loss of Use: This coverage protects your finances if you are forced out of your home due to a covered peril. As an example, if your home is damaged or destroyed by a fire and you are unable to live there while it is being repaired loss of use coverage will pay for some of the expenses you will incur due to being out of your home such as hotels, restaurants, and even dry cleaning.
- Medical payments: This coverage will help cover medical bills if someone is injured on your property, regardless of who’s at fault. Coverage limits are usually capped at around $5,000 for this coverage.
Rocky Ford, CO Housing Information
It may not be a surprise to local residents that Rocky Ford, CO has now reached over 3,957 in population growth with 1620 homes within the city of Rocky Ford. The average family household size in Rocky Ford is reported to be around 1040. With population density increasing in Rocky Ford, it's important to make sure your home has the homeowners insurance coverage and protection you need for your family. When you request free Rocky Ford home insurance quotes from us, we will work with you to compare every possible carrier, coverage and discount available.
|Total Occupied Households
|Family Households (families)
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size
|Average Family Size
|Total Housing Units
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Rocky Ford, CO!
Get up to 12 competitive Rocky Ford, CO homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby Rocky Ford
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Rocky Ford? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Cheraw, CO Home Insurance Quotes
- Fowler, CO Home Insurance Quotes
- La Junta, CO Home Insurance Quotes
- Manzanola, CO Home Insurance Quotes
- Swink, CO Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Rocky Ford, CO
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Rocky Ford.
Rocky Ford, CO Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Rocky Ford, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|1800 sq. ft. or below
|2600 sq. ft. or higher
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Rocky Ford, CO?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Rocky Ford is around $1254 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Rocky Ford, CO?
- • Homeowners in Rocky Ford pay an average cost per month around $105.00 for insurance coverage.
Rocky Ford, CO - 2023 Housing Information
|Current Home Value (2023)
|Last Year Home Value (2022)
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Rocky Ford home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Rocky Ford
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Rocky Ford, CO homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Rocky Ford Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Rocky Ford homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Rocky Ford area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for Colorado homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|This is the average home elevation in Rocky Ford, CO
Did you know that the elevation in which your home resides is crucial to a home insurance policy because it determines the risk factor related to your home being in a flood zone. It is important to understand that your home is not covered for floods under a standard homeowners policy. You will need to speak with a local Colorado flood insurance agent about a flood insurance policy, please give us a call now at 888-620-1954.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Rocky Ford, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Otero County.
Colorado Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
NC Residents Speak Against 42% Rate Increase Requested by Rate Bureau Posted on Tuesday 13th February, 2024
During a recent public comment session held by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, dozens of North Carolina residents spoke out against an average rate increase of 42% that the North Carolina Rate Bureau is requesting. The Rate Bureau represents insurance companies in the state and earlier this year requested average rate increases of 42%. […]
Is Homeowners Insurance Part of Your New Years Resolution? Posted on Wednesday 31st January, 2024
The New Year is here for 2024, and you have probably made a list of resolutions involving everything from eating better to losing a bit of weight. One thing that should be on everyone’s list is a review and update of their homeowners policy. The beginning of the year is a great time to pull […]
North Carolina: 2024 Homeowners Insurance Rate Increase Proposed Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Recently, the North Carolina Rate Bureau requested that the N.C. Department of Insurance allow increases to homeowners’ insurance rates by an average of 42.2 percent. If the NCDOI agrees, the proposed rates will go into effect Aug. 1. However, it is also possible that the NCDOI will not agree to the increase and deny the […]
Shopping For Coastal NC Home Insurance Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Getting an affordable home insurance policy is crucial when shopping for home insurance online, especially if your home is considered to be in a flood zone. Most homes that are in a flood zone are near the coast, like the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Major cities along the North Carolina coast like Calabash, Oak […]
Rocky Ford, CO Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Rocky Ford so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Rocky Ford, CO?
- The average square footage in Rocky Ford is around 315 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $82,000 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $260.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $82,000
Location: Rocky Ford, Colorado (Otero County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Rocky Ford: $260 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Rocky Ford: 315 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status
|Price per Sq. Ft.
|None or Very Minor Improvements
|Some Additional Upgrades
|Major Home Updates or Advancements
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($260) in Rocky Ford, Colorado times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $812,500 (Media price to build of $325 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.