Get San Bernardino, CA Home Insurance Rates!
For San Bernardino, CA homeowners or new home buyers, you will be excited to hear that comparing home insurance quotes in your local area is much easier with our online quoting application. We offer a one-stop-shop service, you can compare up to 12 rates among our best and major carriers, prices are based on price, coverage options and ratings. Simply enter your San Bernardino California zip code and start reviewing home insurance rates today!
The most common questions we get asked is "What does homeowners insurance cost in San Bernardino"? For locals living in San Bernardino, the average homeowners policy is around $1,241 per year, that is only $103 per month. Your California homeowners premium will be paid annually, and is handled by your mortgage company. The average home insurance rates presented here are based on a standard or basic HO-3 homeowners policy. All insurance companies seem rate risk differently so it is important to let us do the shopping for you and help answer any questions that you may have about your home, coverage options and discounts.
Helpful Tips for Homeowners Living in San Bernardino:
How much replacement cost coverage do I need to cover the expense to rebuild my home?
Insurers will assign a replacement cost value to your home in case it was ever in need of rebuilding due to a major peril like a fire or wind damage. The cost to replace your home is not the same as buying a home because the cost of land does not need to be factored as an expense when you need to rebuild the structure. Try our replacement cost coverage calculator to easily generate your total replacement cost coverage, you will see three options to review. Those three options are based on the current status of your home like upgraded kitchen and bathrooms. These estimates are considered on a cost per square foot pricing model.
How many people live in San Bernardino?
The total city area population for San Bernardino, CA is 209,924.
How many homes in the San Bernardino city limits?
The total homes in the city of San Bernardino is around 11,713.
What is the average San Bernardino household income?
The average income in the San Bernardino area is around $50,396.
How much do the homes in San Bernardino cost on average?
The average cost of a home in San Bernardino is estimated to be around $261,500.
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in San Bernardino, CA!
Get up to 12 competitive San Bernardino, CA homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Servicing San Bernardino, California Home Insurance Quotes & Coverage
The carriers we offer for California homeowners have an "A+" A.M. Best rating and our San Bernardino agents have been working with these carries since 2007. Our insurance experience provides the best service when it comes to working with you so we can provide a coverage plan that works best for you. Our California customers value our service and depend on us to help them with all of their insurance needs, that also includes auto and life insurance as well. As a homeowner in California shopping for online rates and coverage options can be a confusing task, that's why working with our San Bernardino, CA agent will give you the outstanding service you need to find the coverage you can understand and afford. Our top rated carriers include Farmers, Safeco, First American, Travelers, Liberty Mutual, Chubb, Foremost, Pacific Select Property and many more. Because we know that homeowners insurance is not always about the lowest price, it's important to find affordable coverage that you know and trust. Take advantage of our online services and let us help you find the San Bernardino, CA insurance coverage that you need. Submit an online home insurance quote today!
Average Rates Nearby San Bernardino
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near San Bernardino? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Adelanto, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Amboy, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Angelus Oaks, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Apple Valley, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Baker, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Barstow, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Big Bear City, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Big Bear Lake, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Bloomington, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Cedar Glen, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Cedarpines Park, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Chino, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Chino Hills, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Colton, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Crestline, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Daggett, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Earp, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Essex, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Fawnskin, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Fontana, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Forest Falls, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Fort Irwin, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Grand Terrace, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Green Valley Lake, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Helendale, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Hesperia, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Highland, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Hinkley, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Joshua Tree, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Lake Arrowhead, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Landers, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Loma Linda, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Lucerne Valley, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Ludlow, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Lytle Creek, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Mentone, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Montclair, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Morongo Valley, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Mt Baldy, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Needles, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Newberry Springs, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Nipton, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Ontario, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Oro Grande, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Parker Dam, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Phelan, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Pinon Hills, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Pioneertown, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Redlands, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Rialto, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Rimforest, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Running Springs, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Skyforest, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Sugarloaf, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Trona, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Twentynine Palms, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Twin Peaks, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Upland, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Victorville, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Vidal, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Wrightwood, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Yermo, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Yucaipa, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Yucca Valley, CA Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in San Bernardino, CA
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in San Bernardino.
San Bernardino, CA Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of San Bernardino, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|Coverage Amount:||Annual Premium|
|1800 sq. ft. or below |
|Average Coverage:||$908 /yr.|
|2600 sq. ft. or higher |
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in San Bernardino, CA?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in San Bernardino is around $908 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in San Bernardino, CA?
- • Homeowners in San Bernardino pay an average cost per month around $76.00 for insurance coverage.
San Bernardino, CA Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
San Bernardino is located in a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
San Bernardino, CA - 2023 Housing Information
|Month||Current Home Value (2023)||Last Year Home Value (2022)|
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your San Bernardino home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in San Bernardino
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive San Bernardino, CA homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on San Bernardino Home Insurance
A great way to save money on San Bernardino homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the San Bernardino area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for California homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|2526 ft.||This is the average home elevation in San Bernardino, CA||
» Elevation is crucial to a homeowners insurance policy because it determines the risk of your home being in a flood zone which is particularly important in a coastal state such as San Bernardino, California.
A standard homeowners policy does not cover flood damage. If you live in a flood prone area, you will need to purchase a separate flood to fully protect your home.
Flood insurance can be purchased via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or in the private market. NFIP policies come with coverage caps and other restrictions so you may need to supplement your flood insurance coverage with a private market policy.
It's important to remember that flooding occurs in low and moderate risk areas as well. According to FEMA data, almost 25% of all flood claims come from low to moderate-risk areas.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in San Bernardino, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in San Bernardino County.
California Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
2023 – California’s recent storms – Is my home covered by insurance? Posted on Tuesday 10th January, 2023
California has recently been hit by a shocking amount of punishing winter weather that has triggered flooding as well as mudslides across vast areas of the state. The weather has led to evacuation orders as well as damaged homes. Unfortunately, for many homeowners, the damage may not be covered by their homeowners insurance. In most […]
2022 Future Housing Market Preview by Fed Chairman Powell Posted on Friday 1st July, 2022
Many of us are concerned about how the housing market will fare as interest rates head up and a looming recession takes hold. Will home values crash as they did during the Great Recession or will they simply stop rising and settle in at their current values. While no one can predict the future, Fed […]
Homeowners Prepare for Rate Increases Later This Year Posted on Monday 27th June, 2022
In most states, home insurance rates are headed up this year and homeowners should be prepared for further rate increases before the end of the year. According to a recent S&P Global Market Intelligence report, over 177 insurance carriers have filed requests for rate increases in 43 states, Arizona alone has seen 34 rate increase requests. […]
California Proposes Insurance Discounts for Wildfire Mitigation Posted on Thursday 21st April, 2022
Recently, the California Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara proposed a regulation that would not only stop insurance companies from overcharging homeowners who have done wildfire mitigation to reduce their risk of wildfires but would also require insurers to take these mitigation efforts into account when deciding on a premium or whether to insure a specific property. […]
San Bernardino, CA Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in San Bernardino so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in San Bernardino, CA?
- The average square footage in San Bernardino is around 807 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $261,500 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $324.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $261,500
Location: San Bernardino, California (San Bernardino County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in San Bernardino: $324 (low end)
Average Square Footage in San Bernardino: 807 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status||Price per Sq. Ft.||Dwelling Coverage|
|None or Very Minor Improvements||$324||$261,500|
|Some Additional Upgrades||$405||$326,875|
|Major Home Updates or Advancements||$486||$392,250|
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($324) in San Bernardino, California times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $1,012,500 (Media price to build of $405 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.