Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Nevada County, CA! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Nevada County, CA Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Nevada County homeowners insurance can protect your home from damages due to fires, lightning, theft, falling objects and even vandalism under a basic California homeowners policy.
Basic Coverage Protection and Rates
For a basic standard homeowners policy in Nevada County also referred to as an HO-3 policy, you are looking at paying around $103.42 per month. Most homeowners pay annually for home insurance which is estimated to be around $1241 per year. Nevada County home insurance rates drastically depend on the home insurance company you choose. We can help you compare up to 12 major carriers, which will allow us to get the most competitive rate possible saving you up to 40% or more. Our quoting process also likes to work with you to provide every available discount and credit offered to you, the homeowner. More importantly, cheaper rates sometimes means cheaper coverage and a lack of protection for your home and family. The ideal policy, is one with outstanding coverage so you are insured properly but it also has to be affordable. Most homeowners living in California enjoy the benefits of lower rates, but every homeowner enjoys the comfort and protection when you need to count on your insurance company the most. Let us help shop the best Nevada County homeowners policy for you.
For all Nevada County, CA residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
- Floriston, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Grass Valley, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Nevada City, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Norden, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- North San Juan, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Penn Valley, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Rough And Ready, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Smartsville, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Soda Springs, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Truckee, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Washington, CA Home Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Nevada County? Simply enter your zip code to get your California homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Nevada County, CA Housing Demographics
With 98,764 residents living within the Nevada County area there are over 52,590 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 27,254 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Nevada County.
|Total Occupied Households||41,527|
|Family Households (families)||27,254|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||2|
|Average Family Size||3|
|Total Housing Units||52,590|
Nevada County, CA Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of California, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 24 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Average Rating||Annual Premium|
|Minimum Range:||$835 /yr.|
|Current Average Cost:||$984 /yr.|
|Maximum Range:||$1241 /yr.|
California Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
2023 – California’s recent storms – Is my home covered by insurance? Posted on Tuesday 10th January, 2023
California has recently been hit by a shocking amount of punishing winter weather that has triggered flooding as well as mudslides across vast areas of the state. The weather has led to evacuation orders as well as damaged homes. Unfortunately, for many homeowners, the damage may not be covered by their homeowners insurance. In most […]
2022 Future Housing Market Preview by Fed Chairman Powell Posted on Friday 1st July, 2022
Many of us are concerned about how the housing market will fare as interest rates head up and a looming recession takes hold. Will home values crash as they did during the Great Recession or will they simply stop rising and settle in at their current values. While no one can predict the future, Fed […]
Homeowners Prepare for Rate Increases Later This Year Posted on Monday 27th June, 2022
In most states, home insurance rates are headed up this year and homeowners should be prepared for further rate increases before the end of the year. According to a recent S&P Global Market Intelligence report, over 177 insurance carriers have filed requests for rate increases in 43 states, Arizona alone has seen 34 rate increase requests. […]
California Proposes Insurance Discounts for Wildfire Mitigation Posted on Thursday 21st April, 2022
Recently, the California Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara proposed a regulation that would not only stop insurance companies from overcharging homeowners who have done wildfire mitigation to reduce their risk of wildfires but would also require insurers to take these mitigation efforts into account when deciding on a premium or whether to insure a specific property. […]
Getting Insurance Coverage After a Non-Renewal Posted on Friday 21st May, 2021
In most cases, homeowners receive a renewal form from their insurance company a few months before the end of their policy term. In this case, the homeowner simply needs to review the information, sign the renewal, and send it back to sign up for another year of coverage. Unfortunately, some homeowners receive a non-renewal notice […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Nevada County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your California homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Nevada County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Nevada County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Nevada County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Nevada County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units||52590|
|Occupied Housing Units||41527|
|Vacant Housing Units||11063|
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent||775|
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied||101|
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale||791|
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied||147|
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use||8333|
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants||916|
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent||3|
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent||6|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units||41527|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied||29890|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population||70046|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size||2|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied||11637|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population||27543|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size||2|