Compare up to 12 quotes for your home in Imperial County, CA! It's easy and only takes a minute!
Imperial County, CA Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Are you shopping for homeowners insurance for your Imperial County CA home? We can help you find the best rates and coverage options available at GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com. We provide up to 12 comparison quotes from the most competitive top-rated home insurance companies available in California. Our agents specialize in the best rates for Imperial County and have over 20+ years of experience. We are ready to help you take advantage of our free consulation so you can review the most affordable home policies available, with the best dwelling and liability coverage plans. Protecting your home from hurricanes, lightning and fires is important to every homeowner. But that's not all your homeowners policy is limited to, ask our agents what coverage is the right fit for you. We have a variety of options to choose from to make sure your home and family are safe.
Average Rates in Imperial County
Did you know the average home insurance premium for the state of California is $1241 a year. That's $103.42 a month in home insurance cost. Now depending on if this average premium is higher or lower than what you are currently paying, it's also smart to keep in mind who your current insurance carrier is and what type of coverage you currently have available for your home in Imperial County. We can help you save up to 40% by applying all the available discounts and credits, plus shopping your coverage with up to 12 different home insurance providers that currently have competitive rates in Imperial County CA. Simply give us a call now at 1-855-976-2656
For all Imperial County, CA residents, you can select your city below to review more information about homeowners insurance in your local area. Information includes city demographics, facts and average premium rates for homeowners on an annual and montly basis. If you are searching for insurance rates nearby then click your city below.
- Bard, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Brawley, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Calexico, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Calipatria, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- El Centro, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Heber, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Holtville, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Imperial, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Niland, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Ocotillo, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Palo Verde, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Salton City, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Seeley, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Westmorland, CA Home Insurance Quotes
- Winterhaven, CA Home Insurance Quotes
Are you looking for a homeowners insurance quote in Imperial County? Simply enter your zip code to get your California homeowners insurance quotes and receive up to 12 competitive quotes and coverage options in your area.
Imperial County, CA Housing Demographics
With 174,528 residents living within the Imperial County area there are over 56,067 homeowners looking for more affordable home insurance rates. Your homeowners policy is written to help protect your home and family. With an estimated 39,170 families living within the local area, it is safe to say that great coverage at an affordable price is most desired amongst every homeowner living in Imperial County.
|Total Occupied Households||49,126|
|Family Households (families)||39,170|
|Average Owner Occupied Household Size||3|
|Average Family Size||4|
|Total Housing Units||56,067|
Imperial County, CA Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the state of California, homeowners insurance premiums have changed based on a variety of different factors related to risk and is currently ranked 24 in the nation for highest premiums in the U.S.
|Average Rating||Annual Premium|
|Minimum Range:||$835 /yr.|
|Current Average Cost:||$984 /yr.|
|Maximum Range:||$1241 /yr.|
California Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
2023 – California’s recent storms – Is my home covered by insurance? Posted on Tuesday 10th January, 2023
California has recently been hit by a shocking amount of punishing winter weather that has triggered flooding as well as mudslides across vast areas of the state. The weather has led to evacuation orders as well as damaged homes. Unfortunately, for many homeowners, the damage may not be covered by their homeowners insurance. In most […]
2022 Future Housing Market Preview by Fed Chairman Powell Posted on Friday 1st July, 2022
Many of us are concerned about how the housing market will fare as interest rates head up and a looming recession takes hold. Will home values crash as they did during the Great Recession or will they simply stop rising and settle in at their current values. While no one can predict the future, Fed […]
Homeowners Prepare for Rate Increases Later This Year Posted on Monday 27th June, 2022
In most states, home insurance rates are headed up this year and homeowners should be prepared for further rate increases before the end of the year. According to a recent S&P Global Market Intelligence report, over 177 insurance carriers have filed requests for rate increases in 43 states, Arizona alone has seen 34 rate increase requests. […]
California Proposes Insurance Discounts for Wildfire Mitigation Posted on Thursday 21st April, 2022
Recently, the California Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara proposed a regulation that would not only stop insurance companies from overcharging homeowners who have done wildfire mitigation to reduce their risk of wildfires but would also require insurers to take these mitigation efforts into account when deciding on a premium or whether to insure a specific property. […]
Getting Insurance Coverage After a Non-Renewal Posted on Friday 21st May, 2021
In most cases, homeowners receive a renewal form from their insurance company a few months before the end of their policy term. In this case, the homeowner simply needs to review the information, sign the renewal, and send it back to sign up for another year of coverage. Unfortunately, some homeowners receive a non-renewal notice […]
Discounts For Homeowners in Imperial County
As a homeowner, you have to understand that insurance companies see homes as a risk. If you can decrease any of the risk factors that will determine your premium, then it's best to follow these important guidelines in order to save money on your California homeowners insurance.
- Install A Smoke Alarm in Every Room: It's important you do this for your own safety, so why not install a smoke detector in every room. Show your home insurance company that safety comes first. Once you have them installed, shop for home insurance and mentioned you have taken the right safety precautions to reduce house fires. For homeowners in Imperial County, this discount can save you up to 20% on your home insurance premium.
- Combine Your Home and Auto Insurance Into One Package: Any home insurance provider is going to want your business. It's important you offer this opportunity to combine your home and auto insurance together in one package. You may want to also see if you can open up a life or health insurance account as well. Merging all your insurance into one company will save you money. Homeowners in Imperial County that do combine their home and auto can save over $500 with this discount.
- Install A Home Security System: Your home insurance company should reward you for installing a home security system, sometimes up to 22%. It's important that you take precautions and reduce the risk of someone breaking into your Imperial County home. This will be one of the questions that you will want to ask your home insurance agent to see if you qualify for this discount. If you don't, make sure you shop other companies to get the "Home Security Discount"
- Purchase A Fire Exstinguisher: Although smoke alarms provide warnings, it's best to be prepared. This may or may not provide any stand alone discount, but it shows your serious when it comes to reducing risk.
- Stop Smoking: It's important to protect your health and your home. If you don't smoke or don't have anyone living with you that smokes then this can save you up to 18% on your home insurance premium.
Imperial County Housing & Real Estate Data
|Total Housing Units||56067|
|Occupied Housing Units||49126|
|Vacant Housing Units||6941|
|Vacant Housing Units for Rent||1762|
|Vacant Housing Units Rented Not Occupied||75|
|Vacant Housing Units For Sale||1019|
|Vacant Housing Units Sold Not Occupied||306|
|Vacant Housing Units For Seasonal Occasional Use||2060|
|Vacant Housing Units All Other Vacants||1719|
|Housing Units Homeowner Vacancy Rate Percent||4|
|Housing Units Rental Vacancy Rate Percent||8|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units||49126|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied||27465|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Population||93632|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Owner Occupied Averge Household Size||3|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied||21661|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Population||70212|
|Housing Tenure Occupied Units Renter Occupied Average Household Size||3|