South Royalton, VT Homeowners Insurance Rate Quotes!
Homeowners in South Royalton, VT are now able to shop easily online and compare up to 12 competitive rates for your home. At GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com, we help you review multiple quotes while offering a free consultation service to help you decide which company, rate, deductible and policy best fits the needs of your home and family. There are several factors that will determine how much your home insurance premium will cost you. In the city of South Royalton, your home insurance premium may increase or decrease depending on the year built of your home, the type of construction, the deductible you choose, how much replacement cost you need and much more. Our online shopping service helps save you a lot of time by helping you review quotes fast. Enter your zip code for the home you would like to insure, and let us help you compare the best rate and coverage. If you prefer to compare quotes now over the phone, simply give us a call at 855-976-2656!
South Royalton, VT Homeowners Insurance Rates
Below are some additional resources to help you understand your home insurance coverage and policy details for a home located in South Royalton, VT.
- What is the average South Royalton, VT home insurance rate per year? $722.00 / year
- What is the monthly cost of home insurance in South Royalton on avereage? $60.00 a month
- How much will my home insurance cost me per year? For smaller homes with less risk, prices range from $472.00 a year to about $1022.00 a year for larger homes.
The average homeowners insurance rate for South Royalton displayed above is an accumlative average based on a standard homeowners insurance policy. We can help you compare up to 12 rates and review all the discounts and credits that may apply to help you save up to 40% or more.
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in South Royalton, VT!
Get up to 12 competitive South Royalton, VT homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby South Royalton
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near South Royalton? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Barnard, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Bethel, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Bridgewater, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Bridgewater Corners, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Brownsville, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Cavendish, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Chester, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Hartland, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Ludlow, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- North Hartland, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- North Pomfret, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- North Springfield, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Norwich, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Perkinsville, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Plymouth, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Proctorsville, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Quechee, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Reading, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Rochester, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Sharon, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- South Pomfret, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- South Woodstock, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Springfield, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Stockbridge, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- West Hartford, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Weston, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- White River Junction, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Windsor, VT Home Insurance Quotes
- Woodstock, VT Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in South Royalton, VT
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in South Royalton.
South Royalton, VT Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of South Royalton, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|1800 sq. ft. or below
|2600 sq. ft. or higher
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in South Royalton, VT?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in South Royalton is around $722 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in South Royalton, VT?
- • Homeowners in South Royalton pay an average cost per month around $60.00 for insurance coverage.
South Royalton, VT - 2023 Housing Information
|Current Home Value (2023)
|Last Year Home Value (2022)
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your South Royalton home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in South Royalton
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive South Royalton, VT homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on South Royalton Home Insurance
A great way to save money on South Royalton homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the South Royalton area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for Vermont homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|This is the average home elevation in South Royalton, VT
Did you know that the elevation in which your home resides is crucial to a home insurance policy because it determines the risk factor related to your home being in a flood zone. It is important to understand that your home is not covered for floods under a standard homeowners policy. You will need to speak with a local Vermont flood insurance agent about a flood insurance policy, please give us a call now at 888-620-1954.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in South Royalton, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Windsor County.
Vermont Homeowners Insurance News & Information
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
NC Residents Speak Against 42% Rate Increase Requested by Rate Bureau Posted on Tuesday 13th February, 2024
During a recent public comment session held by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, dozens of North Carolina residents spoke out against an average rate increase of 42% that the North Carolina Rate Bureau is requesting. The Rate Bureau represents insurance companies in the state and earlier this year requested average rate increases of 42%. […]
Is Homeowners Insurance Part of Your New Years Resolution? Posted on Wednesday 31st January, 2024
The New Year is here for 2024, and you have probably made a list of resolutions involving everything from eating better to losing a bit of weight. One thing that should be on everyone’s list is a review and update of their homeowners policy. The beginning of the year is a great time to pull […]
North Carolina: 2024 Homeowners Insurance Rate Increase Proposed Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Recently, the North Carolina Rate Bureau requested that the N.C. Department of Insurance allow increases to homeowners’ insurance rates by an average of 42.2 percent. If the NCDOI agrees, the proposed rates will go into effect Aug. 1. However, it is also possible that the NCDOI will not agree to the increase and deny the […]
Shopping For Coastal NC Home Insurance Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Getting an affordable home insurance policy is crucial when shopping for home insurance online, especially if your home is considered to be in a flood zone. Most homes that are in a flood zone are near the coast, like the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Major cities along the North Carolina coast like Calabash, Oak […]
South Royalton, VT Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in South Royalton so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in South Royalton, VT?
- The average square footage in South Royalton is around 1,203 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $191,300 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $159.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $191,300
Location: South Royalton, Vermont (Windsor County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in South Royalton: $159 (low end)
Average Square Footage in South Royalton: 1,203 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status
|Price per Sq. Ft.
|None or Very Minor Improvements
|Some Additional Upgrades
|Major Home Updates or Advancements
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($159) in South Royalton, Vermont times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $496,875 (Media price to build of $199 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.