Glen Cove, NY Homeowners Insurance Rate Quotes!
Are you searching for a new Glen Cove, NYhomeowners insurance policy? While price is always a factor, making sure you are fully covered by a reliable, national insurer is also important when properly protecting your home. A cut-rate policy could leave you on the hook for damages that are not covered.
We can help you find a great policy at an affordable price. Our New York licensed agents are happy to walk you through the entire process and you can purchase a brand new policy without ever leaving your home.
All of our policies will fully protect you from damages caused by fire, wind, theft, vandalism, weather damage as well as other perils. We will take the time to review your coverage levels and make sure that all available discounts are applied to your policy. Insurers offer dozens of discounts and we will verify that you are getting more than just the standard home insurance discounts and credits such as bundling, smoke detectors, and monitored alarm systems.
In many cases, we can help you save up to 40% OFF your current Glen Cove home insurance rate. Call 855-976-2656 or get quotes online and let our local home insurance agent help you today!
Average Homeowners Insurance Rates in Glen Cove
The average Glen Cove homeowners insurance policy cost around $1,092 per year or around $91 per month. Most standard homeowners policies are paid annually through your mortgage provider saved up each year through your escrow account. Rates for homeowners in Glen Cove can be as high as $1,392 per year for a more expensive home in this area that cost more to replace or rebuild if a major peril was to occur. The best coverages are not always the cheapest but homeowners have been able to apply discounts and save more on their annual premium with rates as low as $842 per year.
Glen Cove Home Insurance Coverage Types
Homeowners insurance comes in a variety of different types, each one designed for a specific type of home. Let’s have a quick look at a couple of different policy types that are available to you:
HO-3: This is the most common type of insurance policy and is considered the “standard” when it comes to homeowners insurance. These policies cover damage from all perils except those that are specifically excluded in the policy wording. Flood and earthquake damage are always excluded on a HO-3 policy (or any standard homeowners policy for that matter) so if you are in a flood prone area you will need a separate flood policy which we will be happy to help you put in place.
HO-8: These policies are designed to insure an older, more vintage home. Many older homes have very detailed, very expensive to replace features such as plaster walls, hand carved railings and even stained glass windows. In addition, they often come with ancient plumbing and electrical systems that require updating to meet code. These issues often make it difficult to find an insurer willing to write a HO-3 policy on these kinds of houses.
Due to all of these types of expenses, an HO-8 policy pays out an actual cash value, which takes deprecation into account. This can up your out of pocket costs when filing a claim but if you are living in or buying an older home, this may be your only option.
H0-4: These policies are designed for renters and more commonly referred to as renters insurance. A HO-4 policy will protect all of your personal property up to your policy limits and also offers liability coverage in the event that someone is injured in your apartment. This type of coverage is an extremely affordable and something you should definitely have in place.
Regardless of which type of policy you need, we can help you find a great policy at an affordable price. Our agents will help guide you through the entire process of shopping for a new policy and help you evaluate your current coverage to make sure you are fully protected. We will also do a full discount review to make sure you are receiving all available discounts.
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Glen Cove, NY!
Get up to 12 competitive Glen Cove, NY homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby Glen Cove
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Glen Cove? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Albertson, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Atlantic Beach, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Baldwin, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Bayville, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Bellerose Village, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Bellmore, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Bethpage, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Carle Place, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Cedarhurst, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- East Meadow, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- East Norwich, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- East Rockaway, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Elmont, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Farmingdale, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Floral Park, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Franklin Square, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Freeport, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Garden City, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Glen Head, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Glenwood Landing, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Great Neck, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Greenvale, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Hempstead, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Hewlett, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Hicksville, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Inwood, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Island Park, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Jericho, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Lawrence, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Levittown, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Locust Valley, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Long Beach, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Lynbrook, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Malverne, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Manhasset, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Massapequa, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Massapequa Park, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Merrick, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Mill Neck, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Mineola, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- New Hyde Park, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Oceanside, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Old Bethpage, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Old Westbury, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Oyster Bay, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Plainview, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Point Lookout, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Port Washington, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Rockville Centre, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Roosevelt, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Roslyn, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Roslyn Heights, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Sea Cliff, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Seaford, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- South Floral Park, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Syosset, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Uniondale, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Valley Stream, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Wantagh, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- West Hempstead, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Westbury, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Williston Park, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Woodbury, NY Home Insurance Quotes
- Woodmere, NY Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Glen Cove, NY
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Glen Cove.
Glen Cove, NY Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Glen Cove, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|Coverage Amount:||Annual Premium|
|1800 sq. ft. or below |
|Average Coverage:||$1092 /yr.|
|2600 sq. ft. or higher |
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Glen Cove, NY?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Glen Cove is around $1092 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Glen Cove, NY?
- • Homeowners in Glen Cove pay an average cost per month around $91.00 for insurance coverage.
Glen Cove, NY Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Glen Cove is located in a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Flood Zone Notice: The beautiful coastal city of Glen Cove is know for it's beautiful beaches and waterways. Because Nassau County (FIPS: 36059) has a shoreline and is in a coastal area it is important to purchase flood insurance. The risk is very high in this area and we will work with you to provide the best flood insurance coverage you need for your home in Glen Cove, NY.
Glen Cove, NY - 2023 Housing Information
|Month||Current Home Value (2023)||Last Year Home Value (2022)|
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Glen Cove home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Glen Cove
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Glen Cove, NY homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Glen Cove Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Glen Cove homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Glen Cove area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for New York homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|133 ft.||This is the average home elevation in Glen Cove, NY||
» Elevation is crucial to a homeowners insurance policy because it determines the risk of your home being in a flood zone which is particularly important in a coastal state such as Glen Cove, New York.
A standard homeowners policy does not cover flood damage. If you live in a flood prone area, you will need to purchase a separate flood to fully protect your home.
Flood insurance can be purchased via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or in the private market. NFIP policies come with coverage caps and other restrictions so you may need to supplement your flood insurance coverage with a private market policy.
It's important to remember that flooding occurs in low and moderate risk areas as well. According to FEMA data, almost 25% of all flood claims come from low to moderate-risk areas.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Glen Cove, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Nassau County.
New York Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Did you know? Your Home Insurance Doesn’t Cover… Posted on Wednesday 29th November, 2023
While homeowners insurance covers a variety of perils and protects your home and personal possessions, it does come with a number of exclusions and coverage gaps that can result in you having to cover the cost of certain damage out of pocket. Let’s have a quick look at what your homeowners policy does and doesn’t […]
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
What Is the 80/20 Rule In Homeowners Insurance? Posted on Wednesday 8th November, 2023
If you are purchasing a home, your lender will require that you carry homeowners insurance to protect their investment in your home. Homeowners coverage will help cover the cost of repairing or replacing your home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril. Covered perils can include items such as a hurricane or […]
Fall 2023: Florida Homeowners Insurance Premium Update Posted on Tuesday 24th October, 2023
Despite the fact that the Florida legislation finally passed a couple of bills to deal with the ever-increasing cost of homeowners insurance, it seems unlikely that premiums will start to fall anytime soon according to a report put out by Karen Clark & Company (KCC), a risk modelling firm. The recent report, titled “Managing Expectations: […]
Are hardwood floors covered by my homeowners insurance? Posted on Friday 20th October, 2023
Hardwood floors can be expensive to repair or replace if they are damaged and a question that many homeowners have is whether or not hardwood floors are covered by their homeowners insurance. The good news is that in most cases, your damage will be covered as long as it is caused by a covered peril. […]
Glen Cove, NY Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Glen Cove so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Glen Cove, NY?
- The average square footage in Glen Cove is around 2,426 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $497,300 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $205.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $497,300
Location: Glen Cove, New York (Nassau County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Glen Cove: $205 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Glen Cove: 2,426 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status||Price per Sq. Ft.||Dwelling Coverage|
|None or Very Minor Improvements||$205||$497,300|
|Some Additional Upgrades||$256||$621,625|
|Major Home Updates or Advancements||$308||$745,950|
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($205) in Glen Cove, New York times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $640,625 (Media price to build of $256 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.