Freedom, NH Home Insurance Quotes!
To all Freedom Homeowners! It is our job to make sure your homeowners insurance policy protects you from financial loss that could occur if your home was damaged. Our Freedom, NH licensed agents are ready to shop up to 12 competitive home insurance rate quotes for your home to help you save money on your insurance and protect your home from damage. Freedom homeowners are paying around $68 per month for insurance coverage. Let us help you shop the best rate today!
Did you know that homeowners are protected within a standard home insurance policy that covers you for losses like: house fires, hurricanes, lightning, wind, theft, vandalism, and even falling objects like tree limbs or power lines. Most home insurance policies provide liability coverage if you were found responsible for someone's injury. Please understand that your standard home insurance policy is not covered for floods, this is a separate policy and can be purchased through your insurance carrier or through the National Flood Insurance Program. If your home is located in a flood zone, you will need us to shop shop you home and flood insurance coverage options to help provide the best rate. We can help you with this service and once you complete a Freedom, NH home insurance quote request online, our system will know if your home is in a flood zone.
Freedom, NH Demographics & Home Value Data
The data values below are for the Freedom, NH (CARROLL County) location.
- Freedom Total Population: 1,489
- Occupied Home Residents: 699
- Average Price of a Home Per Zip Code in Freedom: $265,900
Freedom, NH Homeowners Insurance Quotes
If your home in Freedom is around 1650 square feet or smaller you can easily find cheaper rates in the price range of $562 per year for great insurance coverage. Average homeowners near you are paying around $812 per year, which is only $68 a month. Your mortgage company will add this into your mortgage along with your property tax. We can help you shop the best home insurance rates for you! Please enter your zip code or call us to get started on reviewing cheaper rate quotes today!
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Freedom, NH!
Get up to 12 competitive Freedom, NH homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Average Rates Nearby Freedom
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Freedom? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Bartlett, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Center Conway, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Center Ossipee, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Center Sandwich, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Center Tuftonboro, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Chatham, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Chocorua, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Conway, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- East Wakefield, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Eaton Center, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Effingham, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Glen, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Intervale, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Jackson, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Kearsarge, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Madison, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Melvin Village, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Mirror Lake, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Moultonborough, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- North Conway, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- North Sandwich, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Ossipee, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Sanbornville, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Silver Lake, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- South Tamworth, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Tamworth, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Union, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- West Ossipee, NH Home Insurance Quotes
- Wolfeboro, NH Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Freedom, NH
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Freedom.
Freedom, NH Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Freedom, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|1800 sq. ft. or below
|2600 sq. ft. or higher
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Freedom, NH?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Freedom is around $812 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Freedom, NH?
- • Homeowners in Freedom pay an average cost per month around $68.00 for insurance coverage.
Freedom, NH Coastal Wind, Hail & Flood Information
Freedom is located in a coastal county which greatly increases the risk of hurricanes and windstorms. Our quoting process will include wind and hail coverage options to give you the best protection you need against high winds and storm damage.
Freedom, NH - 2023 Housing Information
|Current Home Value (2023)
|Last Year Home Value (2022)
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Freedom home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Freedom
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Freedom, NH homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Freedom Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Freedom homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Freedom area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for New Hampshire homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|This is the average home elevation in Freedom, NH
» Elevation is crucial to a homeowners insurance policy because it determines the risk of your home being in a flood zone which is particularly important in a coastal state such as Freedom, New Hampshire.
A standard homeowners policy does not cover flood damage. If you live in a flood prone area, you will need to purchase a separate flood to fully protect your home.
Flood insurance can be purchased via the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or in the private market. NFIP policies come with coverage caps and other restrictions so you may need to supplement your flood insurance coverage with a private market policy.
It's important to remember that flooding occurs in low and moderate risk areas as well. According to FEMA data, almost 25% of all flood claims come from low to moderate-risk areas.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Freedom, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Carroll County.
New Hampshire Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Florida has 7 New Home Insurance Companies Entering the Market Posted on Friday 1st March, 2024
Recently, Florida has seen seven new insurance companies enter the market for homeowners coverage. Currently, the average premium for homeowners coverage is $6,000 a year in the Sunshine state compared to a nationwide average of just $1,700 a year, according to the Insurance Information Institute. The Insurance Information Institute is hopeful that the new insurance […]
2024 Average Homeowners Insurance Rate at $2,777 per year Posted on Tuesday 20th February, 2024
A recent report by Insurance.com, found that the average homeowners insurance rate in the U.S. came in at $2,777 per year which breaks down to $231 a month. The average was based on coverage levels of $300,000 in dwelling and liability and a $1,000 deductible. When Insurance.com ran the numbers, Oklahoma was the most expensive […]
NC Residents Speak Against 42% Rate Increase Requested by Rate Bureau Posted on Tuesday 13th February, 2024
During a recent public comment session held by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, dozens of North Carolina residents spoke out against an average rate increase of 42% that the North Carolina Rate Bureau is requesting. The Rate Bureau represents insurance companies in the state and earlier this year requested average rate increases of 42%. […]
Is Homeowners Insurance Part of Your New Years Resolution? Posted on Wednesday 31st January, 2024
The New Year is here for 2024, and you have probably made a list of resolutions involving everything from eating better to losing a bit of weight. One thing that should be on everyone’s list is a review and update of their homeowners policy. The beginning of the year is a great time to pull […]
North Carolina: 2024 Homeowners Insurance Rate Increase Proposed Posted on Friday 19th January, 2024
Recently, the North Carolina Rate Bureau requested that the N.C. Department of Insurance allow increases to homeowners’ insurance rates by an average of 42.2 percent. If the NCDOI agrees, the proposed rates will go into effect Aug. 1. However, it is also possible that the NCDOI will not agree to the increase and deny the […]
Freedom, NH Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Freedom so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Freedom, NH?
- The average square footage in Freedom is around 1,546 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $265,900 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $172.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $265,900
Location: Freedom, New Hampshire (Carroll County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Freedom: $172 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Freedom: 1,546 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status
|Price per Sq. Ft.
|None or Very Minor Improvements
|Some Additional Upgrades
|Major Home Updates or Advancements
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($172) in Freedom, New Hampshire times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $537,500 (Media price to build of $215 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.