Saint Augustine, FL Home Insurance Quotes!
Within the Saint Johns County region, Saint Augustine, FL has a total population size of 12,975. Homeowners looking for home insurance quotes in this area have found very affordable rates with GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com saving some in upwards of 55% with rates as low as $1,400 per year. There are over 207,696 homes in Saint Augustine that are currently owned and occupied. Our services allow us to shop and compare up to 12 rates and coverage options. Our online home insurance quoting system allows us to easily do the shopping for you at no cost, that's right, it's free. You can easily get multiple quotes today by entering your zip code and compare the most competitive Florida rates available or give us a call now at 1-888-685-4704.
Saint Augustine, FL Housing & City Data
|Location:||Saint Augustine, FL (SAINT JOHNS County)|
|Average Real Estate Value Per Zip Code:||$282,652|
Average Saint Augustine Home Insurance Rate Quotes
A common question that many Saint Augustine homeowners are asking, is "What's the average annual rate for homeowners in Saint Augustine, FL?" In other words, what is my neighbor paying for insurance and how can I save more money on my home insurance cost every month. The answer is easy, for homeowners living in Saint Augustine, we see an overall average of $1,650 per year. Now based on this "average", your rates could be 40% lower if we compare with multiple carriers and apply all the discounts and package options available to you. We have seen rates as low as $1,400 per year. At GetHomeInsuranceQuotes.com, we save you time and money by shopping all these rates for you. When comparing rates, it's also important to know that the average premium paid by homeowners within the United States is $1,311 paid annually.
In order to gain an understanding of how your rate will be compiled, we have listed a few helpful resources to help you understand replacement cost value, home insurance credits and home features that help discount your premium.
Top 5 Helpful Saving Resources
- This home insurance calculator will calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Saint Augustine, FL so you know what type of home insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost.
- Here are the top five homeowners insurance discounts that you may not be aware of in Florida
- Installing smoke detectors, a security system and getting the same home and auto policy with the same carrier is a good start but to really kick-start your home insurance savings you have to dig a bit deeper. Here are the top 3 home insurance credits available to homeowners.
- FAQ: What is a Saint Augustine, FL Homeowners Insurance Policy?
- FAQ: What does a replacement cost coverage and actual cash value mean for my home in Saint Augustine, FL?
Compare Homeowners Insurance Rates in Saint Augustine, FL!
Get up to 12 competitive Saint Augustine, FL homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Our Service in Florida
You can feel confident that our experience, integrity and service will help you find the best insurance policy at a price you can afford. We work with a wide variety of insurers in Saint Augustine, Florida and all of them are top rated "A+" by A.M. Best Rating and have been in business for several decades.
Just a few of the insurers we work include American Integrity Insurance Group, Anchor Insurance, ASI, Bankers Insurance Group, Centauri Insurance, Chubb, Edison Insurance Company, Florida Peninsula Insurance Company, Heritage Insurance, Lexington Insurance, Olympus Insurance, People's Trust Insurance Company, St. Johns Insurance Company and many more.
Average Rates Nearby Saint Augustine
Are you looking for homeowners insurance in a city near Saint Augustine? Review coverage options and average rates in your area by clicking your city below. We can help you shop home insurance rates!
- Elkton, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Hastings, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Ponte Vedra, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL Home Insurance Quotes
- Saint Johns, FL Home Insurance Quotes
Home Insurance Rates by Zipcode in Saint Augustine, FL
Easily review average rates and get multiple homeowners insurance quotes by clicking your zip code below located in Saint Augustine.
Saint Augustine, FL Home Insurance Average Premiums
For the city of Saint Augustine, homeowners insurance rates may vary on deductible, coverage amount and property details. Below is a list of the averages based on the cost of an annual home insurance premium.
|Coverage Amount:||Annual Premium|
|1800 sq. ft. or below |
|Average Coverage:||$1650 /yr.|
|2600 sq. ft. or higher |
(all discounts applied)
What is the average home insurance cost for a home in Saint Augustine, FL?
- • The average homeowners insurance premium paid annually for a home in Saint Augustine is around $1650 per year.
What does it cost on average per month for home insurance in Saint Augustine, FL?
- • Homeowners in Saint Augustine pay an average cost per month around $138.00 for insurance coverage.
Saint Augustine, FL - 2023 Housing Information
|Month||Current Home Value (2023)||Last Year Home Value (2022)|
Homeowners insurance will help cover the cost to repair or replace your Saint Augustine home if it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril, up to your coverage limits. A homeowners policy is made up of a few different coverages. Here are the most common coverages:
- Dwelling: This coverage will pay to repair or replace the structure of your home if it is damaged or destroyed. Review and Calculate Replacement Cost Coverage in Saint Augustine
- Liability: This coverage will help cover medical and legal bills if someone is injured in your home, slipping on an icy sidewalk for example. It also offers protection if you damage another person’s property, your child hitting a baseball through a neighbor’s window for example.
- Contents: This covers the cost to replace your personal possessions that are destroyed by a covered peril. Furniture, electronics, clothing and household goods are excellent examples. Contents coverage is often capped at 50% to 70% of your dwelling coverage.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects other structures on your property such as detached garages, outbuildings, barns, and sheds.
- Loss of use: This covers everyday costs that you incur if you cannot live in your home while it is being repaired due to a claim. It will pay hotel and restaurant bills and even the cost of dry cleaning.
Get up to 12 competitive Saint Augustine, FL homeowners insurance rates all in one place!
Saving Money Tips on Saint Augustine Home Insurance
A great way to save money on Saint Augustine homeowners insurance is to make sure you are getting all the discounts you are qualified to receive. Here are just a few of the most common discount’s insurers offer:
- Bundling: If you purchase your home and auto (or any other insurance coverage) from the same insurer, you should get a bundling discount. Expect to save 20%-25%.
- Secure your home: Adding a monitored security system, water leak sensors, deadbolts, and smoke detectors should result in a discount.
- Impact resistant roof: If you are replacing your roof, consider impact resistant roofing materials which help prevent hail and impact damage as well as resulting in a significant discount.
- Stay claim free: If you have been claim free for a number of years (five is a common requirement) your insurer should offer a claim free discount.
Are you shopping for the best rate near or wihin the Saint Augustine area? Check out what homeowners are paying on average for Florida homeowners insurance.
Elevation Review for Coastal Wind or Flooding Risk
|19 ft.||This is the average home elevation in Saint Augustine, FL||
Did you know that the elevation in which your home resides is crucial to a home insurance policy because it determines the risk factor related to your home being in a flood zone. It is important to understand that your home is not covered for floods under a standard homeowners policy. You will need to speak with a local Florida flood insurance agent about a flood insurance policy, please give us a call now at 888-620-1954.
To get online quotes on your home and compare rates on home insurance premiums in Saint Augustine, enter your zip code above and easily complete our online quoting application. Remember, it's important to speak with us about additional home insurance discounts so you can get the best rate for your home in Saint Johns County.
Florida Homeowners Insurance News & Information
Florida Homeowners Advance From Citizens into Private Companies Posted on Tuesday 5th December, 2023
Homeowners Choice Property and Casualty Insurance Co. has assumed approximately 53,750 policies from Citizens Property Insurance Corp., Florida’s state-backed insurance company, the parent company says in a Tuesday news release. Homeowners Choice is owned by HCI Group Inc., a holding company with operations in homeowners insurance, information technology services, real estate and reinsurance. Homeowners Choice […]
2024 Homeowners Insurance Outlook Receives Negative Rating Posted on Tuesday 21st November, 2023
The insurance news for 2024 is certainly not great. Experts expect that extreme weather and increasing costs will push up insurance costs and make insurance companies more selective when deciding where they will write policies. Recently, credit rating agency AM Best downgraded the entire home insurance industry from stable to negative. According to Richard Attanasio, […]
Fall 2023: Florida Homeowners Insurance Premium Update Posted on Tuesday 24th October, 2023
Despite the fact that the Florida legislation finally passed a couple of bills to deal with the ever-increasing cost of homeowners insurance, it seems unlikely that premiums will start to fall anytime soon according to a report put out by Karen Clark & Company (KCC), a risk modelling firm. The recent report, titled “Managing Expectations: […]
Citizens Property Sends Out Letters Posted on Wednesday 27th September, 2023
Soon, hundreds of thousands of Citizens Property Insurance Company policyholders will be getting a letter in their mailbox asking them to move their policy to a private insurance company and away from Citizens, the state-backed insurer of last resort. Citizens Property is using the letters as part of its “Depopulation” effort that was approved by […]
5 New Homeowners Insurance Companies Step into the Florida Insurance Market Posted on Wednesday 27th September, 2023
Florida’s property insurance disaster may be taking baby steps in the right direction as five new insurers step into the Florida market, taking over hundreds of thousands from Citizens Property, Florida’s insurer of last resort. This could lead to more insurance options for residents of the Sunshine State soon. The five companies in the mix […]
Saint Augustine, FL Dwelling Coverage Estimate
It is important to calculate your dwelling coverage for your home in Saint Augustine so you know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need to cover your replacement cost. It is recommended to have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild your home if it was destroyed by a covered peril.
Please remember that replacement cost coverage does not include the cost of the land, only the price to rebuild your home, which is why we like to help customers by answering a few questions that you may have.
What is the average replacement cost coverage in Saint Augustine, FL?
- The average square footage in Saint Augustine is around 1,693 Sq. Ft. which would cost you around $282,652 to replace the home if you base the home on the price to build per square foot of $167.
Minimum Replacement Cost Total: $282,652
Location: Saint Augustine, Florida (Saint Johns County)
Average Building Cost Per Square Foot in Saint Augustine: $167 (low end)
Average Square Footage in Saint Augustine: 1,693 Sq. Ft.
|Home Improvement Status||Price per Sq. Ft.||Dwelling Coverage|
|None or Very Minor Improvements||$167||$282,652|
|Some Additional Upgrades||$209||$353,315|
|Major Home Updates or Advancements||$251||$423,979|
The dwelling coverage is calculated by the average cost per square foot ($167) in Saint Augustine, Florida times your heated square footage. Which would equal the cost to rebuild your home minus the cost of the property or land. Some homes will have a higher replacement cost due to home improvements like updated kitchens and bathrooms. Other upgrades may include: granite countertops, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. The national square foot average to build a brand new home is around 2500 square feet. So if you are looking to build, and your square footage of your new home is 2500, you are looking at a dwelling coverage premium of around $521,875 (Media price to build of $209 x 2500 sq. ft.) to cover the cost to rebuild your new home.
What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost value?
Homeowners insurance is available in both actual cash value (ACV) and replacement cost value (RCV). Knowing the difference is important:
Actual cash value: When valuing your personal possessions, an actual cash value policy will take depreciation into account. This means that your 10-year-old TV will be basically worthless according to your insurance company. While an ACV policy tends to be cheaper, if you have to make a claim you may be disappointed in your claim payout.
Replacement cost value: A RCV policy will replace your possessions with brand new items of similar quality regardless of how old they were at the time they were destroyed. While RCV policies are slightly more expensive, they are well worth the cost if you have to make a claim.